What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spent hours in the sun rewiring the CLK dashcam from where it was wired to the glovebox light (which didn’t work because of it)
I moved the wiring to the back of the cigarette lighter socket under the radio , it took ages mainly because I really don’t know what I’m doing . Finally got it all back together and it works with ignition on . Just got to tidy all the wiring up behind the glovebox and carpet tomorrow .
I now know a lot more about removing fascia panels and the gearstick surround than I did yesterday :)

Had one MOTed, and I’m please to report that it passed with flying colours. I’ve just booked the same one in for an A-service in a couple of weeks.

Took it the long way round to the MOT station to give it a good shake down as I’ve only used it once in the last two weeks, and that was only because I hadn’t used it!

New member here, new Mercedes bought on Saturday.
This morning I opened the curtains and just looked at her and smiled. 🙂 🥰

I've got to pop into work this afternoon, and I only live a mile away so was going to walk. Decided I'm not and going to drive there! 🤣
Can you drive there by the peaks or moors “female buddy” (not sure what the correct term is ) , to get the journey over 1 mile ;)

Took all the boot trim out ready to install some extra sound insulation.
My God, all those wires!
Also gave the car a chamois down.

Also gave the car a chamois down.
Long ago on detailingworld I saw "instruction" to never use chamois (which I'd been using for decades) as it can trap grit particles! I now use large microfibre drying cloths which I find excellent, just lay one over the wet bit and let it absord the wet, very little "rubbing" required, and they collect an amazing amount of water!

Gave the CLK roof a coat of some Renovo Black paint , don’t tell anyone but I had to water it down slightly because I had less than I thought .
Just off to coat with Fabsil Gold now as there might be some drizzle tomorrow.
0C4A543B-B346-4B22-987C-4B50B4D62763.jpeg

Having got hold of a new set of foglamps, finally bothered myself to go and have a look at how to fit. Rats, screws are from the inside, so bumper-off job. Double rats.

Having got hold of a new set of foglamps, finally bothered myself to go and have a look at how to fit. Rats, screws are from the inside, so bumper-off job. Double rats.
It was an easy job in my E class , get the front of the car on ramps first . It probably took longer to take the undertray off

It was an easy job in my E class , get the front of the car on ramps first . It probably took longer to take the undertray off
Unfortunately, ramps are not an option, although I'll try and find some any how. It's the space to use them that's the problem...

Is yours pre - Facelift or FL? As W1ghty says, like his E Class you should be able to get at them by removing the undertray which is awkward but do-able even without ramps or stands

Gave the S204 a quick hose off then wash and hose off, first time it's had a wash since just before Xmas, now watching it dry and realising I did not get rid of all the muck on the tailgate - rats!!

Is yours pre - Facelift or FL? As W1ghty says, like his E Class you should be able to get at them by removing the undertray which is awkward but do-able even without ramps or stands
2009, pre-facelift. My admittedly limited research seems to reveal that it's easier on the FL models.

Oil change on the s210 320cdi. 6 litres pumped out and 6 litres of fresh 10w40 semi poured back in. Lidl pumps make this job a doddle.

Fixed botched job. Went for drive to temp the EML gods...They were busy throwing lightening bolts at an E63.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom