What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine just turned 3 as well , I think I can live without Mercedes Me . It was a good gimmick for free but not worth what MB are asking for renewal.
During my one and only visit to my local MB dealership, they attempted to get me to sign up to Mercedes Me with the offer of the free OBD port device.
"You can download the app onto any Smartphone" said the service advisor "It's great!"
When I passed him my battered Nokia Lumia Windows Phone and asked him if he could install it for me, his face took on the look of a man who'd just been given a dog poo sandwich for lunch 😂
Somehow I've managed to survive without Mercedes Me ( and I've now got a 'proper' mobile )

Researching colours and options with the w207. As accurate as digital colours are on websites, they still don't come close to matching what the colours really looks like in the skin.

Researching colours and options with the w207. As accurate as digital colours are on websites, they still don't come close to matching what the colours really looks like in the skin.
Colours on your screen will never be correct compared to "in the flesh". The computer screen has to be properly calibrated. I do a lot of photo printing (A2 size) and have a colour calibration tool that reads the screen colours and adjusts all the parameters RGB, Brightness, Contrast etc so the colours I see on the screen will be what I see on my prints. Quality of the screen also makes a big difference.

Was looking at centre consoles with the analogue clock. I wouldn’t get one but was looking to see if people have retrofitted them

Both of my dark blue cars looked atrocious (there's been a LOT of airborne dust lately) so I took the Fiat to the recently-reopened jet wash and then cleaned the Merc by hand on the drive.

Satisfying couple of hours.

Changed the non-functioning warm-up regulator - hurrah! - so I can finally drive UP the hill outside my house rather than down it the wrong way, just to warm up the car for 5 minutes.

Hoovered mine out and gave the windows a clean inside....... Need to check all the levels later today as it's been a while.

Had to wash at least 1 vehicle. This one has been parked up for weeks hence the rusty brakes and sat high.

nZT9d07h.jpg

Hs80H3Kh.jpg

It warmed up during the course of yesterday and it was great to have a reason to finally turn the seat coolers on for the first time this year.

Unfortunately, the sun then also prompted to me to abandon the Merc completely in favour of the Fiat 500 with all that glorious sunshine flooding in through the sunroof.

And there you have it; a 380bhp 5.5 V8 trumped by a 69bhp 1.2 I4.

Stuck the summer wheels back on the CLK , got the 16”winter tyres on steel wheels in the garden to clean tomorrow

It warmed up during the course of yesterday and it was great to have a reason to finally turn the seat coolers on for the first time this year.

Unfortunately, the sun then also prompted to me to abandon the Merc completely in favour of the Fiat 500 with all that glorious sunshine flooding in through the sunroof.

And there you have it; a 380bhp 5.5 V8 trumped by a 69bhp 1.2 I4.
"Horses for courses"👍

Ordered 2 x rear Arnott air springs from Autodoc thanks to the tip for Beardz. Just over £500 for the pair.

Gave the car a wash today and used some Autoglym rubber care on all the trims. Last time I used it was about 10 years ago and I didn't rate it but I heard they changed the formula so thought I'd give it a try again. They've definitely made it better. Really impressed with the results on all the door rubbers and the rear diffuser.
Screenshot_20210420-174254.jpg

Got my wheels back from a refurb, alignment and new centre caps up next!

Hi , nothing today as my wife has hidden my keys.

Our local paper the have provided lists of dog walking areas in West Midlands !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom