What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That was the front pads, these are the rears.
Haven't been out to really try them out for stopping power today, just bedded them in. The fitment was perfect apart from the wear sensor cut out in the pad being a fraction too small. Easily opened up with a file.
I chose these ceramic pads to reduce the amount off brake dust. OEM leave the wheels filthy after just a short run.

The OEM pads with the Mercedes logo on them were Jurid branded.

Where did I suggest bigger calipers and brake discs? It's not something I've ever recommended to my knowledge?
You must be confusing me with another member.;)
It was doodle. You are correct.

How much did the map cost?
To be honest I don’t know / it was through someone I buy cars from took it as I could not get the sensors , I only paid for parts for the service. Don’t want to ask about the mapping in case I get a bill. Lol

Finally got around to installing my dashcam.

Nextbase 662GW with rear camera. About 2.5 hours all in. Hidden all cables.

Very happy with the results.

Merc1.jpg
Merc2.jpgMerc3.jpgMerc5.jpgMerc6.jpgMerc4.jpg

No DAB bleed over noted. GPS is fine. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Now onto the wifes Mazda and install hers.

Attachments

• Merc7.jpg
    Merc7.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

View attachment 118338
View attachment 118339View attachment 118340View attachment 118342View attachment 118343View attachment 118345

From the 12V fuse? I did the exact same thing with my thinkware cam and battery pack!

Checked it was still on the drive 🤦‍♂️
You are right to be concerned.
A Birmingham member had his E63 stolen after threats of violence a few years back. A nasty incident for him.

You are right to be concerned.
A Birmingham member had his E63 stolen after threats of violence a few years back. A nasty incident for him.
One of the things putting me off buying it but so many nice cars are targeted with Birmingham concerning for a few years now. Can’t work hard and buy something nice without thieves taking it if they wish!
The lack of consequences and/or being caught is the problem.

One of the things putting me off buying it but so many nice cars are targeted with Birmingham concerning for a few years now. Can’t work hard and buy something nice without thieves taking it if they wish!

If you feel the need to up the performance of your CLA45, you have the best man on your doorstep.
Go and visit Acid at MSL performance on the Small Heath trading estate (The old BSA building. He can make your car seriously quick.

If you feel the need to up the performance of your CLA45, you have the best man on your doorstep.
Go and visit Acid at MSL performance on the Small Heath trading estate (The old BSA building. He can make your car seriously quick.
Could they do any good to a C300h C Class estate with a 2.1d engine? 🙁

I’m aware of the business/name- lots of good feedback. Will pop along as yes not far at all from me- cheers.

View attachment 118338
View attachment 118339View attachment 118340View attachment 118342View attachment 118343View attachment 118345

Best bit I like is if your not about and anything touch’s your car it auto records front and back.
Handy if you come out and find someone has gave your car a ding

Let them steal it, you can apply for a firearm license and a shotgun certificate. Shoot at will. Insurance covers theft. And more over there are ways to add antitheft protection beyond the manufacturer.

Let them steal it, you can apply for a firearm license and a shotgun certificate. Shoot at will. Insurance covers theft. And more over there are ways to add antitheft protection beyond the manufacturer.
😂 That might work in Hyderabad, but this is Birmingham UK. Sure, there will be unlicenced guns in the hands of criminals but see what happens if you let off a firearm on the streets, even if in the direction of a car thief. You'd be in handcuffs before you knew it.

Re aftermarket anti theft protection, yes its a good idea, but you need to be aware that there are people out there who will stop at nothing to gain access to valuable cars. If they want it badly enough, they will get it either by force or technology.

Took the E63 to the main dealer for its A service this morning. Clean health check video sent to my phone whist I was still in the lounge drinking coffee.

I was given a printout of todays service, a written record of tyre/brake pad and disc and brake line condition along with a mention of body damage?
When I queried this, it was a small scrape under the n/s front bumper about 50mmx 20mm done before I even owned the car. Probably edged over a high kerb. It just needs a rub down, small amount of filler, another rub down , priming, paint and clear lacquered. Being under the bumper and out of sight I'd forgotten it even needed doing.
I also noticed the mileage was wrong on the service. Should have read 34014 and it was printed 34041. Also when I started the car the message came up "Change key battery" Strange it was fine before the service. Got a few CM2025 batteries at home so that's done now.

One more B service to come on the plan I took out, then time to decide whether to keep the servicing within the dealership to retain FMBSH and Mobility or save some money and use my very good indy. Got to book the MOT before 4th Oct now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom