What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine is very much a catch up of the past 4 weeks, fitted brand new staggered 18" wheels & tyres to my C204, along with having the drivers seat squab bolster retrimmed in artico, had my old superchips remap removed (turns out the map was total pants) & a new fresh, custom map uploaded, and finally a full detail of the car

Did the tyre pressures to all of our cars. Neglected them for a few months. All tyres were down. Yep, you do get slightly lower reading in cold weather.

My beloved was on her way back home ( Bury St Edmunds ) from visiiting her sister in Eastbourne when the S-Class decided to throw a fit.
Battery light + Coolant came on, she was just cuming up to the Stanstead junction. So she stopped got the RAC to lowload it to our local garrage. So a three hour journey took over six hours, not a happy wifey :mad:

It was a Auxiliary belt failure due to Idle had broken up and had burned into all the other pulleys on the Auxiliary system. They had to steam clean all the pulleys to remove burned in rubber residue. :(

All back together now :)👍

Changed oil on E55, had a good look underneath whilst covers were off, nice and dry except for rear main seal weap, but only slight, and hasn’t got any worse in the last year or so. Gave her a good clean.

Washed Missy ready for a drive out to Kent tomorrow

Fitted CTEK eyelet comfort connectors on two more of them to replace the crocodile clip type.

On Friday I stumbled across some head torches on Amazon - at a fantastic price - so I ordered a couple to see if they were any good. I tested one last night when I was walking the dog and it was brilliant.

So last night I ordered a load more, one for each car, one for our touring caravan, one for dog walking, etc. They arrived this afternoon so I’ve just popped one into the bag of stuff I keep in the boot of each car.

I also finally sorted something I’ve been meaning to do for ages. When I collected one of them from the dealer they had all of the bits that come with the car laid out in the boot, to confirm they were there.

I’m guessing it’s so people can’t claim down the line that it was missing, stuff like locking wheel nuts, compressor, tyre repair kit, MMI cables, etc. Anyway the dealer never did it put it where it should be.

So for the last two years most of it has been in the “bag of stuff” in the boot. Well no longer. I finally worked out the Tetris puzzle or squeezing lids of stuff into a polystyrene line gap behind the headlamp!

I really ought to have washed some though.

Update black circles have emailed me today saying they have not got my tyre's in stock and are offering me Michelin pilot sport cup 2 anyone used these before?
Thanks

Fitted CTEK eyelet comfort connectors on two more of them to replace the crocodile clip type.
Hi Bobby. I fancy a set of these for the R231 but not sure if they are an easy fit for the push down sprung positive terminal. Do you have the same sort of terminal? If so, was it an easy fit?

Update black circles have emailed me today saying they have not got my tyre's in stock and are offering me Michelin pilot sport cup 2 anyone used these before?
Thanks
Not got these either 😪 now I have the ps4s m01 on order

Two new front tyres for the S211 E320 pulls like a locomotive wagon lol.

Also gave it a wash 👍

Thanks
Truly amazing tyres but in the UK you need to keep them for track work or warm and dry summer days, as they need to get warm and stay warm. They even knock spots off the Pilot Sports 4 S in the right conditions but for the other 99.9% of the time they’re not suitable for year round use in the UK.

Hi Bobby. I fancy a set of these for the R231 but not sure if they are an easy fit for the push down sprung positive terminal. Do you have the same sort of terminal? If so, was it an easy fit?
Not sure what you mean, are you referring to the battery or the charging (or jump starting point under the bonnet?

I connected them to the positive terminal of the battery and a nearby earth (not the negative pole on the battery.

Fitting them isn’t a problem when they’re under the bonnet or in the boot, just need a little thought on routing and earth points.

Fitting them when the battery is in the passenger compartment might be a bit more challenging though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom