What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Used Pela 6000 to do my first oil change using extraction method. If the technique is good enough for MB main dealerships, then why scramble around on my back removing undertrays?! Managed to extract 6.5l in 20mins or less.
Even if it leaves an amount of old oil - the ease of the job means that it can be done more regularly. Also there’s always going to be some old oil left in whichever method. Overall v pleased with the new method.
Also broke a clip on dash trying to find a mischievous rattle… great. Car due for passenger airbag recall swap out so hopefully the disassembly and reassembly will sort the rattle.

Washed the sahara dust that had collected on the car after the last shower:doh:
This is what you can expect if you buy a black or dark coloured car.
That is without cleaning off the incessant bird crap deposited on the car every day.

20220619_083731[1].jpg20220619_083747[1].jpg

That is without cleaning off the incessant bird crap deposited on the car every day.

View attachment 128843View attachment 128845
When did that fall, all we have had is constant sunshine and a temperature of 22° :)

Drove to Goodwood, epic day the highlight being the T.50 GMA, stunning!

Nothing today, but I have spent 4 days cleaning, polishing and checking things on it since we picked it up on Tuesday lunchtime.

Actually I lied; I took the wonky back numberplate off again to check the thread size on the original three remaining Rivnuts.

Might finish off the DA polishing tomorrow as I've still got the bonnet and roof left to do, but it's looking good so far:

Full nearside edit.jpg

New front discs, calipers and pads on the S124 along with new wheel bolts.

Bad news is couple of glow plugs do not want to move .... Out with the full fat coke cola

I took my wife to Starbucks in one and whilst there I joined a video call using the car’s hands-free calling rather than sit at my desk in front of my laptop.

I should do more video calls like this. Nice to have a change of scenery and position. Even nicer to have a coffee - I can’t get to my coffee machine whilst our kitchen is being redecorated!

In our house that would constitute a major emergency🚨
Our (non coffee drinking) son can't understand why we take our coffee machine away with us when we rent a flat near my elderly parent's place. :D

Today I was mostly polishing, LSPing and ordering a few parts for my Mercedes. :)

View attachment 128843View attachment 128845

I'm getting really bored of all this sand this year. I'm sure it normally doesn't happen very often. This year its happened half a dozen times or so if seems.

I'm getting really bored of all this sand this year. I'm sure it normally doesn't happen very often. This year its happened half a dozen times or so if seems.
I suppose it's a trade off for the warm weather blowing up from Spain and N Africa. When it breaks we get the Saharan sand in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom