What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not really....very slightly smaller footprint than a 212 E Class....just taller.

Finally had 722.6 gearbox serviced (atf fluid, filter, gasket and pilot bushing changed) on W203 @ 116k miles (should have done it a lot sooner). Was a job I was contemplating half doing myself (drain the transmission sump fluid but not the torque converter) but never got around to it and actually ‘glad’ I didn’t as the technician remarked that the electric plug bushing had begun to fill with fluid and I’m not sure if I’d have swapped that out had I done ‘half’ the job.

where did you get this done and how much did it cost if you can let me know via pm?

thanks

Just had the 4 wheel geometry done at MB Tech in Warrington, what a difference. The guy said “it drives a lot better now”, I thought, how can altering the geometry by a few minutes make the car drive better, well now I know.
It feels like someone’s stolen the caravan (I don’t have a caravan) off the back.

Just had the 4 wheel geometry done at MB Tech in Warrington, what a difference. The guy said “it drives a lot better now”, I thought, how can altering the geometry by a few minutes make the car drive better, well now I know.
It feels like someone’s stolen the caravan (I don’t have a caravan) off the back.

I had mine done today plus new tyres. Love getting those two things done at the same time. Tramlining gone :)

Engine oil and filter change done this morning and a good clean of the various covering panels I had to remove to do the job. Reset the service indicator as that was the last job to do for a DIY 'B' service. Took it for a short test drive to check it was all OK, can't say it sounds any smoother, but good to know the old oil is gone and nice fresh oil in there now as it hadn't been done for 10,000 miles or so.

A rare these days trip up and 10 days of working gave me the opportunity to renew both air filters along with pollen/cabin filter. I’d like to say I did them myself, but a considerably younger and cleverer techie made light work of their fitting. 😎
No time to fit during my last visit in February.

I pressure washed two massive bird bombs off the back windscreen/boot lid of mine...I'd only washed and waxed it two days ago and had only driven it briefly after I did the oil change yesterday. :rolleyes: I won't be driving it today either as we're going to a pub tonight and I'll take my son's Fiesta instead. Spends more time being washed than driven. :D

........I won't be driving it today either as we're going to a pub tonight and I'll take my son's Fiesta instead........
...........Ah yes....the old and oft forgotten law that states its OK to drink and drive if its in a Ford Fiesta!!!......

...........Ah yes....the old and oft forgotten law that states its OK to drink and drive if its in a Ford Fiesta!!!......

I hope you're not being serious, but the point was that parking is tight there and I didn't want to risk the C200 getting scratched...my wife stuck to soft drinks BTW and drove us home if you really want to get off your high horse as I was playing guitar at the venue and had a pint myself. Sometimes we leave it there overnight and get a taxi home, again as I'd rather risk the old banger getting damaged than the 'nice' car.

Blimey, that was quick!

I woke up annoyingly early this morning and realised I could turn it to my advantage and get round to FAW before it opened. Had the rims inspected at 9.00, walked home them cycled back to get it picked up at 11.30.

If I wake up early tomorrow it's going for another punt up the M1 to Scratchwood (sorry "London Gateway") services and back.

I hope you're not being serious, but the point was that parking is tight there and I didn't want to risk the C200 getting scratched...my wife stuck to soft drinks BTW and drove us home if you really want to get off your high horse as I was playing guitar at the venue and had a pint myself. Sometimes we leave it there overnight and get a taxi home, again as I'd rather risk the old banger getting damaged than the 'nice' car.
Of course I wasnt!!!!!...it was just the way it was worded!!!! Anyway if you want to drink and drive you need something way faster!!!

I tried to find and post Sean Lockes sketch about Fosters being a "driving lager"....failed!

Tested it for wheel wobble in a quick blat up the M1. Perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom