What ho, people.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetleysmooth

Car
Non Mercedes.
Hello everyone, new boy here.
Currently without a Mercedes, but I'm aiming to put that right verrrry soon. I would have done yesterday. Viewed a spotless C280, but because I never had the cash on me, I had to walk away as the seller had a concrete cash offer and was not prepared to hold it for a week while I sold my current car. Arghhhh.
Anyhow, there are a couple of other options stewing in the pot, so hopefully I'll be on here making a total nuisance of myself with questions etc.
Looking forward to it.
Good wishes to everyone.
Tetley.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Not from Leeds are you, by any chance?

Hi and welcome to the forum.What C class were you looking at?

Hi and welcome to the forum.What C class were you looking at?

Hello. I viewed a C280 yesterday. Lovely motor.
I'd consider most C's, but don't really fancy a 180. One of my fellow drivers at work has one, he reckons it's underpowered. He's had it 10 or so years though.

I've had two 180's and found them fine for daily use, but then I came from smaller engined cars... I imagine if your used to 2 litre or more though, then 180's would be rubbish!

Welcome to the forum.

I found the C180 OK with just car and driver. Two up or more and it struggled at the sight of a dropped kerb! Go for the C200 minimum.

Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Hi & welcome!

I had a W202 C200 recently as a courtesy car, and although it was nice I did find it a bit sedate compared to even our 1.9 TDi Audi.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
May have found another C280.
Fingers crossed it doesn't go the way of the pear again.
Selling my current car - a Toyota Previa - seems to be the big problem at the moment.

I have a silver 1997 w202 c280 v6 sport that I may be selling soon. Drop me a pm if interested

Should be auto as my understanding is all C280 V6's were auto. They're lovely cars by the way !

Yup auto. Had it for about 6 years or so. Silver with the usual rust issues. Engine has been rock solid and interior in good shape.

Sure. Will try and pm you later this eve. Mines a sport with full leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom