What 'ICE" fitted to W202 as standard??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
I am trying to ascertain what in car entertainment was fitted as standard to the 90's era of the W202, C43 in particular.
My project car, has a kenwood head unit with a removable fascia and a multi cd changer mounted in the boot. All the paperwork I have suggests this was fitted from new and nigh on every C43 I have seen advertised for sale seems to have an aftermarket head unit fitted oppose to a MB branded one.
In keeping with the era I was going to source a audio 10 single slot cd player, I believe this to be model number MF2910 possibly made by Alpine, and fit this instead.
Would I be correct in my assumption??

Cheers Karl, I had bought the becker 'special' I think it is called, but is the cassette player. Will look a bit odd with my newly installed OEM CD storage tray below it, so looks like I will have to replace it with a cd player as per your link. Strange thing is, they are cheaper than the cassette player I have bought!
The CD players can be bought from approx £50 up over, my challenge will be trying to find one which doesn't look like the control knobs haven't been chewed by a dog!:D

From memory, in 1997 you got nothing, zip, nada. Stereo was an optional extra.

That year I ordered a C250TD Elegance for my grandmother, extras were automatic gearbox, leather, tourmaline green paint and a Blaupunkt head unit with 10 disc changer. List price, £31k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom