Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Red

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • Green (designo)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue (Designo)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I voted red as I prevously owned a dark blue car with red leather and walnut interior and it was a work of art.

But will go with anything other than black thankyou.

Silver / red interior does look good.

But I'm surprised at this poll which shows beige as the preferred choice (mine too)

I would have thought the Silver exterior/ black combo would have won hands down.

Silver/Red does indeed look good, but any Black interior is not for me, far too sombre. Not surprised at the poll that chooses beige, which also looks the best to me, being someone who no longer needs to carry children or rubbish tip stuff and can look after the interior well.

The lack of anything other than black in a decent 1/2yr old MB was the main reason I looked elswhere for light coloured leather interiors. I found them, named Ivory or Dove and Barley in older cars. They do call Black 'Warm Charcoal' but really its black. They also had a wider range of external colours, two reds, several blues, a few greys and the obligatory black and silver. Now have a car in Crystal Blue with Ivory leather.

Last edited:
Have always preferred black interiors, but my current ones marks a difference to most other C classes I have seen:

anders-albums-c300-cdi-4matic-picture7472-c300-006.jpg

A good choice. I've really gone off black leather interiors.

I've gone right off black. My B class has it and im thinking of changing it for the beige option.

My C55 was black (exterior) with the stone grey nappa leather which looked awesome. Never seen another like it.

Last edited:
To a degree , the interior colour depends on the exterior colour it is matched with .

I'm not a fan of black interiors , having had a couple in used cars ( colour scheme is pretty low down the list of priorities when looking for a used car ) but I much preferred the black cloth interior in my 190E 2.6 to the black leather one in my C270 . Black interior makes a car feel dark and sombre .

My preferred combinations are either Nautic Blue or Alandine Red with Mushroom leather ; I've also had two Petrol Blue cars with Mushroom - the 280SE had leather and the 280CE had cloth , both felt bright and airy . My 500SEL is Blue/Black with Mushroom and the light interior brightens up an otherwise dark car .

As already mentioned , red interiors are something of a Mercedes tradition , although the original combination was German Racing White with red leather as exhibited by so many examples of the W06 series . Later when the white paint was scraped off to bring the German cars under the weight limit to qualify for entry , this creating the famous 'Silver Arrows' , silver exteriors became popular for their sporting models and red interiors were often combined . A red interior tends to work well with white , silver , black or red exteriors , but not with other colours .

Strangely , white cars with blue interiors seem quite common , but I'm not a fan of that particular combination , although I did have a Diamond Blue 190 with blue interior which was just OK .

At the end of the day it is a personal choice , but some combinations work and others don't or , as in the old Mercedes colour chart booklets are 'not recommended' .

If I was to go for the same sort of car as I have now - an S320 CDi - I would definitely go cream/beige. The lighter colour just helps the car feel roomier.

If I was going for something sporty or garish, I'd go red. I had my eye on a BMW 630i in black with red leather some time ago, and it was stunning.

Black. Only colour for me... :)

Designio black / porcelain , my favourite combo , had in my clk tried to source it for my sl I brought but couldn't find any for love or money at the time :confused::(

I have two tone beige interior on my C220 after 40 years of grey and black company cars. Its MUCH easier to keep clean than a dark interior, would have the same again in an instant

Porcelain interior is stunning . Really lifts the interior.

I Have Flamenco Red on my Iridium silver Coupe which I like very much, I had Oyster Beige on my previous BMW which also looked good coupled with the sapphire black , the Flamenco red is a very dark shade ,nearly maroon

there is nothing to beat non black interiors :)

DSCF2012.jpg

God, that red is foul! It reminds me of the nasty red plastic interior of a friend's 1960s Ford Mustang... or the nasty red moulded one-piece plastic interior of any number of extremely cheap little "pocket-money" toy cars a few decades ago.

Last edited:
My w210 elegance is jet black and I really like it however ... it is a fairly 'safe' colour. If I had to re-trim the interior of this car I would go for a very dark red with black or charcoal for the rest (no red dash!) I think it would work very well with the silver body paint.

I like light interiors. Cream and Black is my current scheme. Really lightens the mood.

I leave the selection of soft furnishing colourways to the Mrs.

Red or tan brown looks excellent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom