what irish plate is worth £3000?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tony Hill also tried his hand at racehorse ownership with a horse named "Elite Reg". A risky business if the horse turns out to be useless, but this horse wasn't at all bad.
The horse won 15 races over hurdles and fences which gave the company some super publicity, albeit after Mr Hill had sold it. Ouch! LINK.

Not quite as painful as the mistake made by broadcaster John Inverdale, though. He relinquished his share in the horse "Make A Stand" which subsequently went on to win The Champion Hurdle. :doh:

Both horses were dramatically improved after joining the then, all conquering trainer Martin Pipe.

I guess that's what gave him the idea for the Elite Racing Club which is a very successful racehorse owning club.

I guess that's what gave him the idea for the Elite Racing Club which is a very successful racehorse owning club.

Indeed. It has been a great marketing tool for Mr Hill and quite successful to boot. A lot of the Elite Rcing Club horses were trained by Martin Pipe.
It's a just unfortunate that Mr Hill didn't hang on to Elite Reg for just one more run. After finishing second when handled by another capable trainer, the horse was sold and then duly blossomed in the care of M.C. Pipe.

mbz 6744

just sold a car with MBZ 6743 how ironic threw the plate in,

All the hassle of taking it off

I would like MBZ 107, seen the car for sale with plate for £11000 i think

CSV 212, ive got that for sale at £250 he can have it for £25,000

i think im not asking enough for it

I'll have that plate off you GFP if you seriously have it up for sale at that price.

Will look nice on the A class.

If he thinks he can make £5k off the requirement that the plate be misrepresented to display what he's claiming, he IS a bellend. First time you get a tug with that showing, it'll get revoked.

^ Now that is a good plate.

I'm not sure (the memory dims somewhat) but I think the Mayor of Belfast's oficial car was UZ I

John, UZ1, has been in private ownership by the same family since first released. Today, as ever, it is attached to a Rolls Royce. The family, McCauseland, own a taxi firm and airport car parking service, they started off in the car rental business trading under the same name.. They were our neighbours when I grew up. Famously, it was once attached to a pink RR, which was blown up whilst parked inside their business premises in the 70s.

1 WZ has been on the Lord Mayor's car since first released, and yes is on a BMW today.

Back on topic. I agree NI plates have no particular value, unless in single digits, or with meaning to someone. One of my favourites is XXI 21, clever.

Here's an example of a rather valuable plate (TA 15) being passed off as something resembling an Irish plate (if it were actually TAI 5, it would have originated in Co Meath, RoI):

ta15.jpg

Here's an example of a rather valuable plate (TA 15) being passed off as something resembling an Irish plate (if it were actually TAI 5, it would have originated in Co Meath, RoI):

ta15.jpg
So is this reverse plate snobbery then. ie Bought an expensive plate (2 x 2) and passing it off as a cheap N Irish plate. Or someoone called TAI totally unaware of the money connected to plates and the value of 2 x 2.

So is this reverse plate snobbery then. ie Bought an expensive plate (2 x 2) and passing it off as a cheap N Irish plate. Or someoone called TAI totally unaware of the money connected to plates and the value of 2 x 2.

I think there's little doubt that the owner of the plate is aware of its value, but quite why it's displayed the way it is is more of a puzzle.

Its (possibly former) owner also has AE 60, HU 919, UUO 70, AAD 236 and EAA 210 in his collection (none of which relates to his initials), while his son has FH 5.

I wonder if BNZ 202 is kicking around anywhere.

Apparently it's on a black... W168. :) Someone has no respect for MB's model numbering system. :(

Here's something close to be getting on with...

dnz202.jpg

Close!

How about BNZ 3000 for my 300D not as I would ever tamper with any number display:rolleyes:

^rofl:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom