What is a fair price?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
A local garage (not MB) has a Nov 09 E Class coupe 350 CDI in white, 6K miles, AMG wheels, Comand etc. The asking price is £35995. I went along with a 03 SL350, 52K miles, pano roof, 18" wheels (cost £1.5k extra), full MBSH, in absolute mint condition. The garage agreed it was mint.Anyone guess what it was going to cost to change?
Hint- I went away disgusted.

2 years ago I go 20K for my mint 04 plate SLK350 with 5k on the clock, so I would say they said around 13/14K for your car, 22k to change to the E Class.

Last edited:
£23,750....:eek:

to change that is

I'd guess they offered you £10k for your car.

£26k to change

Around £14 - £15k for your car so what evers left to change Around 21K

Probably better selling your privately and then going in with the cash. P/X is easier and less hassle but they make both ways... Offer you a low price and don't discount what your buying by much.

As aside, £36k for a second hand one in someone elses spec....whats the price of a new one to your spec?

I was quoted £21500 to change which meant they were offering £14500 for the SL. It is strange but I am less shocked now than I was at the time which worries me! The E Class coupe cost £43000 in Nov -it belonged to a lady estate agent who traded it for a Golf- a sign of the times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom