What is APS50 like in the new c class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davycaslad

Car
C 320 cdi sport
Hi my first post as i have just joined.

I have ordered a new c class a 320 sport and it i due to build on 25th june one thing thou has been bugging me a little . what is the aps50 navigation like ? should i try to get it upgraded to command ?

any help is welcome

Hi and welcome.

I'm not able to give an opinion on what the aps50 navigation unit is like on the W204, but if you have a firm build date of 25th June then you won't be able to change the spec so that's what you're going to get.

I think APS 50 is a DVD based navigation system APS 30 a CD based one.

Edit The APS Comand is the Hard drive unit

Best ask Alfie

I think APS 50 is a DVD based navigation system APS 30 a CD based one.

Edit The APS Comand is the Hard drive unit

Best ask Alfie

I have not seen APS 30 for a W204. Anyway, even if it is too late, would be nice to have comments to the original question, out of general interest and for info for new buyers.

It works.
Excellent audio and good navigation that gives clear instructions and is easy to understand.

It works.
Excellent audio and good navigation that gives clear instructions and is easy to understand.

I'm not surprised about that really. Have you had a chance to compare the W204 Comand to this APS50 on W204? I'm assuming a significant difference as the W204 Comand is a the very latest design while I'm not sure if the APS50 is very different from the W211 Audio 50 APS or similar.

Hi my first post as i have just joined.

I have ordered a new c class a 320 sport and it i due to build on 25th june one thing thou has been bugging me a little . what is the aps50 navigation like ? should i try to get it upgraded to command ?

any help is welcome

I had the pleasure of driving both the C Class Sport and the Elegance (see previous post from me). The Sport had the system you have ordered, the Elegance had full command with DAB radio and linguatronic. I have to say if you can afford it go for the full command system. It has many more functions and when the motorised LCD screen pops out of the dashboard your passenger will be impressed! Nothing wrong with the aps50 but a Tom Tom is cheaper and provides many of the same functions, the command system is a much more comprehensive option. Enjoy either way!

cheers guys i think one guy as said that i am probably to late to change it as it build next wednesday hope delivery is soon after .

As i dont really go that many places i dont know maybe aps50 will be fine its just the big screen command looked great but never mind at least i got harmon kardon sound system;)

I had a brand new C200 Cdi as a rental car in Stuttgart 3 weeks ago and it was equipped with the new DVD based APS50 Nav system.

Really great system. Colour screen, arrows and clear instructions (same voice as on Command).

Something between the old Command and old APS50 (CD Based). Really good and recommended.

I'm not surprised about that really. Have you had a chance to compare the W204 Comand to this APS50 on W204? I'm assuming a significant difference as the W204 Comand is a the very latest design while I'm not sure if the APS50 is very different from the W211 Audio 50 APS or similar.
I have an E200 W211 2/2005 and the AUDIO 50 APS is that to use only CD for navigation .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom