What is EPC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bellow

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C2500 350, 450
I see it referred to all the time on this forum and have figured it is an Electronic Parts Catalogue. Is it for Mercedes parts only?

Yes it's a Mercedes application, used by the dealers. The other one is WIS = Workshop Information System.

You used to see cracked versions of both for sale on eBay that you could install on your own computer. And/or various online versions.

Thanks BTB500. I thought as much but I got e-mailed a parts list (non MB) and it has EPC written on it. I'll go back to source and ask who issued it.

In the past Mercedes EPC and WIS were distributed via DVD hardcopy but I believe that the latest models are only covered by online subscription. This probably due Mercedes obsession with keeping its servicing information proprietary. Access to mere mortals is currently available to members of the officially recognised Mercedes-Benz Owners Club but prospective members should note that access to MB commercial vehicles or vehicle models derived from same is not available to members.

Mystery solved. The parts list is from a US dealer of the engine in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom