What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First bbq of the year! Homemade cheeseburgers with emmental and fries and a nice beer. Nice bit of Lindt Choccy for pud.

Well, all turned out well, the chicken curry was lovely - and there's a second meal for 2 going into the freezer. Really pleased with the Bombay pots, did enough potato to use the full jar of sauce so have 2 servings for 2 going into the freezer as well as the curry. Samosas were really good, big and lots of filling and a nice bite to them, did not have cooking instructions so gave them about 16 mins (turned half way) in fan oven at 175C. Becoming a fan of Punjaban stuff!

It didn’t quite go to plan. We travelled in convoy but the car which wasn’t due to be serviced went into limp mode as we arrived at the main dealer.

So all four us - plus our dog - sat in the dealership waiting for the car to be serviced, choosing to leave the other car there to be looked at.

Bybtge time we left McDonalds breakfast service had long since finished so it was Starbucks. Starbucks sausage sandwich and a Venti latte hit the spot though.
Our day went t!ts up too Rob. But unlike yours, mine was my own doing. Couldn’t bring myself to get out of bed so didn’t go toMcDonald’s.

Should have started work at 8am but had a lazy breakfast and started at 10:30am. Bombed it to Screwfix at 5pm. Result was I didn’t get finished until 7pm

All in all a crappy day but all my own fault. 🙄

Our day went t!ts up too Rob. But unlike yours, mine was my own doing. Couldn’t bring myself to get out of bed so didn’t go toMcDonald’s.

Should have started work at 8am but had a lazy breakfast and started at 10:30am. Bombed it to Screwfix at 5pm. Result was I didn’t get finished until 7pm

All in all a crappy day but all my own fault. 🙄
Sorry to hear that Ant. The good news is that day is now behind us, and we have the opportunity to make tomorrow (even) better. Have a god one Ant.

Tonight Mrs D made a salad - with lots of iceberg lettuce - whilst my son and I dashed off to TGI Fridays to collect some chicken to go with it.

A box of Fridays Sesame Chicken Strips with Jack Daniels Glaze each for three of us, and Mozarella Dippers for Junior D, with sides of Guacamole.

Garlic Ciabatta Bread with Monterey Jack and Boneless Hot Wings (actually breast chunks) to share, except the Hot Wings were too hot for all but me 👀

It was a fantastic meal. It reminded us that Iceland sell some limited TGI dishes now so we registered and ordered a load tonight - the maximum of each!

That sounds a lot but most dishes were limited to 2 items!

Incredibly we ordered at around 1930 tonight and could select a 0600 (AM) deliver slot tomorrow. That reall is amazing service. Fingers crossed they’re good!

^ The Iceland American boneless box of chicken for £3 is amazing value and knocks KFC's prices out of the park.
20 popcorn chicken, 5 Southern Fried Chicken strips and 5 Spicy chicken fillets is well worth a try.
Only takes 20 minutes in the oven.

Tonight I dined on a 12" Sweet Chilli Chicken with Peppers and Spinach Pizza.
Very nice too.

Made Spam fritters tonight (not had them for years!) as forgot to get fish out of freezer and had already made the batter! - served with twice fried crinkle chips and mushy peas. Memories!

So tomorrow will knock together haddock and chorizo fishcakes, shepherds pie with chopped (not minced lamb). Sue made a lovely plain pork & vegetable stew in the slow cooker yesterday. All leaves me free to get on with yet more decorating (cunning isn't she!)

Tonight Mrs D made a salad - with lots of iceberg lettuce - whilst my son and I dashed off to TGI Fridays to collect some chicken to go with it.

A box of Fridays Sesame Chicken Strips with Jack Daniels Glaze each for three of us, and Mozarella Dippers for Junior D, with sides of Guacamole.

Garlic Ciabatta Bread with Monterey Jack and Boneless Hot Wings (actually breast chunks) to share, except the Hot Wings were too hot for all but me 👀

It was a fantastic meal. It reminded us that Iceland sell some limited TGI dishes now so we registered and ordered a load tonight - the maximum of each!

That sounds a lot but most dishes were limited to 2 items!

Incredibly we ordered at around 1930 tonight and could select a 0600 (AM) deliver slot tomorrow. That reall is amazing service. Fingers crossed they’re good!
The TGi stuff from Iceland arrived just after 1900, but they gave us chicken wings instead of boneless wings, not as a substitute but as an error.

Unfortunately none of the Dazzlers eat chicken wings (on the bone) - boneless wings are really breast - and so they’ll end up in the bin eventually.

Unfortunately Customer Services, the local store (where the delivery appears to come from) and manager are not picking up because - it seems they close at 1900.

I’m sure it will be sorted if I remember to phone them tomorrow!

This is so Colorado !
Its a raging blizzard outside, 3 ft of snow already, and my son (eldest second batch) is smoking USDA steaks with applewood chips mixed with mesquite wood fromTexas in the smoker .
Served with Texas fries and a mixed salad.
Only in the USA.
Tuercas viejas
p.s Dazzler ?
Are they hot wings or just the "plain jane" buffet style you get at a transport caff over here?
TV

Tonight I'm cooking (a fairly rare event).

It'll be a vegetable tray bake with crushed garlic, chilli flakes and haloumi.

Washed down with some chianti.

You're not alone there Chris, but first I need nicer weather to pressure wash the patio before getting the patio furniture out of the storage shed, so I suspect it will be a while before our first of the year!

Just polished off a 10oz sirloin coupled with a chicken breast homemade chips mushrooms tomatoes and slaw, I won't be moving for the next 4hrs. I'm a part time butcher so I'm spoilt, I like to think of it as quality control, it's a dirty job.

Night off for me tonight, Cora made a chilli from scratch, all I had to do was rice and garlic bread while she dressed after her shower - needless to say I had glass in hand! As ever the chilli needed a soupcon of Nando's medium sauce as Cora likes it a bit too mild, but 2 clear plates (and 2 empty Malbec glasses) speak for themselves! Second glasses of Malbec also going down well.

Friday night. Only one option on the menu for team Ant. 🥳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom