What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No idea re supper as yet but just over an hour ago I was brought a couple of slices of still-warm homemade Lemon Drizzle Cake :)
OH MY CHRIST. 😍

who needs savoury when you got sweet??? 👍

Then onto the couch to enjoy the rugby
Thanks for the heads up, I thought Scotland France was tomorrow, so like you feet up, fresh fruit desert and second glass of Montepulcino and hope France don't nick the 6 Nations from wales!

Reactions: LTD
OH MY CHRIST. 😍

who needs savoury when you got sweet??? 👍
Homemade Shepherds pie with a cheddar crust, peas with leeks and pancetta, and roasted heritage carrots :)

There is the threat of a syrup sponge and custard (all homemade)

Believe it or not you can buy quality hotdog sausages. You just need to know where to look. e.g.
Thank you for sharing. Have you tried the frankfurters?

I’d be interested to know if they’re as good as I would want them to be.

Thank you for sharing. Have you tried the frankfurters?

I’d be interested to know if they’re as good as I would want them to be.

We heard about them on one of James Martin's shows. He gets meat from them. Their charcuterie is good.

We've had a few deliveries and they have been very good. My son had a batch where the texture (of the frankfurters) was not good but as he has more money than sense, he did not send them back for replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, I thought Scotland France was tomorrow, so like you feet up, fresh fruit desert and second glass of Montepulcino and hope France don't nick the 6 Nations from wales!
Difficult to think of that team as "Scottish"....something like 22 foreigners in their squad this year...

Difficult to think of that team as "Scottish"....something like 22 foreigners in their squad this year...
Until World Rugby change the rules, live with it Rory.
Every nation does it.

Back to food.
Doner meat, chips, salad and a double helping of chilli sauce.

Ordered takeaway Turkish

Thought it was 3 words thread, but then couldn't be bothered to change it 🤣

Found some foil smoking bags at the back of a cupboard that we must have picked up on our travels. Filled with pork belly strips rubbed with sage, s&p, basil and garlic and 70 mins on bottom shelf of the oven. What a product - the result was soooo tasty. Been looking online for them now, but just about everywhere has sold out so ordered hickory chips and going to have a go at making them myself.

Cut the pork into chunks and skewered along with mushrooms and bell pepper also on skewers (top tip that one - so much easier to turn without losing them into the flames!) and sweetcorn then finished on the BBQ (gas - boooo!, hiss!) Served on wraps with my own BBQ sauce. That one has made it into the top 5 BBQ foods for us!!

Until World Rugby change the rules, live with it Rory.
Every nation does it.

Back to food.
Doner meat, chips, salad and a double helping of chilli sauce.
SA does not....and it sucks for all the local players that will not be selected in the 6 nations and elsewhere. Seems the southern hemisphere has the best rugby players. I live with the the fact that the 3x world champions (since you decided to play against the best) doing it without foreign players.

We had rack of lamb, asparagus with 'caper and lemon butter sauce' and couscous

Grilled gammon steak (one smoked, one unsmoked, half each!), chunky chips (twice fried), beans and fried egg, washed down with an Argentine Malbec Rose - lovely!

Tonight is home made Chicken Karahi Bhuna with basmati rice and naan bread

Oh, and a cold beer or two

Large lamb chops baked on a bed of small sweet peppers, leek and mushrooms in a lemon, tomato and herb/garlic sauce, with Montepulciano in the glass, just about to sit and eat! We've found that thick lamb chops from the fresh meat counter are better baked than grilled, so have done this a few times before! About 45 minutes at 175C fan oven, turn the chops half way, lovely and pink!

Chorizo in tomato sauce with penne pasta, washed down with a pint of local beer (Weetwood Oregon Pale) and a mini Magnum.

I intended to have a nice takeaway curry this evening, but Mrs AM brought in a Spanish chicken and saute potatoes followed by Cherry bakewell tart pudding meal deal from Waitrose. Not bad at all and good value at £7 50 for the two of us.

For the attention of pie lovers:thumb:
Spotted whilst browsing the pie counter in Iceland. Chinese Chicken curry pies. 2 for a £1. Very nice snack.

20210330_153739.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom