What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A cheap can of swedish larger, cold precooked meatballs and some chilli nuts....same meal every week night for 7 weeks while away.

I did Btec and Htec Avionics and aircraft Systems. 78-82 three nights a week whilst working in the hangars (plus 1 week a month full time attendance.

We were going to be having lamb kebabs.. I made the effort to go to the butchers today as I had to venture out to the GPs to drop off a prescription request. Bought some neck fillet which looks fabulous and the butcher offered to chuck it in some marinade for me.. I went with soy, ginger and garlic. Yum. Now the Mrs. has informed she’s not hungry enough to do it justice.. perhaps she shouldn’t have stuffed that cake down her neck earlier. Grr. So, I don’t know, it’s looking a bloody sandwich or something at this rate..

Cheers,

Gaz

There used to be a place called The Dineaway on the A4 (bit south of Southall, did the most amazing burgers in the late 70s early 80s
I missed that one, the place we used to use was Nas on the A4 Great West Road, and a place in Southall called, rather grandly, Rita's Formerly of Kenya. She did wonderful kofta kebabs.

Well thats the starter, what was the main dish?
Other way around actually, we had snacks with drinks and didn't need more than that each for dinner.
There would have been dessert naturally. :)

Cheese on toast with cool crisp salad. The simple things are the nicest. :p
It’s the adjectives which make that sentence Ant. I had to ask my daughter what they were called, adjectives that is! Sounds blooming lovely dinner though. I love cheese on toast with a little mustard under the cheese. Tasty

I am a big foodie. Or a foodie thats getting big....

Love cooking, fine dining as well as a good old burger.
Pics too if you can.
Great idea for a thread Olly.

I do happen to have a photo of dinner tonight as my daughter took a photo of “Dad’s cooking” to show her Nan.

It’s Pork Ragu with spinach. My beautiful wife rustled up some garlic bread to go with it so it was a team effort.

full

Edited to add: Affogato for desert.

Last edited:
Ardenne Coarse Pate on freshly baked sourdough bread.

The mrs is cooking tonight, chicken with fried rice.
Here’s my recent effort.
I think I would like dinner at your house. I love chicken fried rice and made some just last Sunday for the first time in many years.

And that looks like risotto with asparagus? My joint favourite dish ever is chicken, mushroom, and asparagus risotto. Nice.

It’s the adjectives which make that sentence Ant. I had to ask my daughter what they were called, adjectives that is! Sounds blooming lovely dinner though. I love cheese on toast with a little mustard under the cheese. Tasty

It wasn't any old cheese On toast Rob. It was a posh affair with chopped red onions, sliced tomato’s and ham. Washed down with a proper mug of tea. Most surprising of all, I made it. :banana:

It wasn't any old cheese On toast Rob. It was a posh affair with chopped red onions, sliced tomato’s and ham. Washed down with a proper mug of tea. Most surprising of all, I made it. :banana:
My goodness Ant, if M&S read this thread then they’ll be asking you to prepare a fresh batch for them to film in slow motion for their next TV advert!

Not mine but the Mrs, simple roast chicken with mixed veg rice and curry house chutneys

Attachments

• 78873D0E-0F5E-4C9D-8215-95AA0940ED5D.jpeg
    78873D0E-0F5E-4C9D-8215-95AA0940ED5D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom