What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
About £2 for 6 x50cl.
Living like a local :D
At that price it must be the ultra-low alcohol stuff! I remember wandering round a Stockholm supermarket for ages looking for decent beer before finding out that the good stuff could only be purchased from the liquor store - which of course was closed.

Aye, it's a work night. Its cheaper than anything else.
System bolaget is the offy. Still cheap enough but it's all strong stuff in there.

Baked salmon, carrots,peas and broccoli with brown b&b . My weekly attempt at healthy eating. Pie & chips again tomorrow.

FFS folks we are all gonna end up like humpty dumpty. :)

Seems wherever I go on here I cannot escape food.

Hungry again and I should be going to bed.........chocolate in fridge. ;)

Gammon, egg, and chips and half loaf crusty bread lol. The rest have the other half between them :). Was lovely it was 😋

Late home - so cold ham on toast and a wee dram !

Gammon, egg, and chips and half loaf crusty bread lol. The rest have the other half between them :). Was lovely it was 😋
Blooming love Gammon, especially when it’s really thick and completely pink.

Cheese on toast with cool crisp salad. The simple things are the nicest. :p

The simple things are indeed sometimes the nicest.

Depending on where I'm working, and how late, I often end up eating on my way back home.

I have eaten curry from Doncaster to Dover. Pretty much everywhere I go, I eat curry, and seldom tire of it.
If I thought I could make any money out of writing a good curry guide, I would write one!

However, one can have too much of a good thing.
My usual dose of turmeric heat is at least twice a week, in addition to the ever-present Saturday evening catch up with my son Les.

There have been times when I'm seated in a curry house and the food is OK or even good, but I am hankering for sausage, egg and chips, with Heinz baked beans or Green Giant Mexicorn, with bread and real butter.

I don't tend to buy supermarket bread if I can help it.
I have two preferred traditional bakers shops that I travel to (in opposing directions) around 10-12 miles away, just to get decent bread which makes all the difference to lunchtime snacks.

A bacon or sausage butty or beans, eggs or cheese on toast becomes a delicacy with good bread and real butter.

For a lunchtime treat, using decent bread and real butter, this, with a little red pesto added, is lovely!

1588817499703.png

For lunch, I also like Waitrose essentials sardines in tomato sauce, on toast.
Just add raw onion and mayo or salad cream.

If you fancy a quickie and like Chille Con Carne, then I recommend this.
AFAIK, only available a selected Waitrose stores these days, but great with a jacket spud and rice - add chilli powder to add fire if you so wish.

1588818217874.png

Oh, while I'm at it, Waitrose essentials tomato soup is also yummy.

Calm Down, Dear! - It's only a commercial.

1588818941146.png

Last edited:
Last night had a lovely steak pie from the local farm shop, with asparagus, broccoli and peas. Absolutely delicious.

Toying with the idea of making Marmite and cheddar sourdough this weekend. Sue hates Marmite so I'll need to eat it all. Ah well......

Tonight's meal is faux Peking duck - tin of confit d'canard cleaned of the fat (kept for roasties) then crisped in the oven. Served with small wraps, cucumber, onion and hoisin sauce.

If left I'll make what I invented and one of my grandkids dubbed QuackQuack Pie - shredded duck mixed with the sauce and mashed spuds on top. Served with soy & ginger steamed bok choi. Don't knock it! LOL

That's a new one on me - COLD ham on toast ??
Hot and clod things together are great : think apple pie with ice cream .

Last nights slam dunk was wafer thin honey roast ham from the fridge , in between toasted bread , with just a sprinkling of ground pepper on the ham . Add a nice single malt - bliss :)

Hot and clod things together are great : think apple pie with ice cream .

Last nights slam dunk was wafer thin honey roast ham from the fridge , in between toasted bread , with just a sprinkling of ground pepper on the ham . Add a nice single malt - bliss :)

I totally agree. A favourite of ours used to be home made spring roll, deep fried golden brown. Served on a crisp cold iceberg bed of lettuce. :p

Reactions: 219
Cold Freddos on toast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom