What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Scampi & salad.

Herbie Cumberland sausage and thyme mash, with a kidney bean, onion, garlic, chilli and tomato sauce

This weeks fare (on a bit of a mission to use things from freezer):

Mon - Cheese and ham pizza (from freezer - was reduced to 73p in Asda!) fortified with salami, chorizo, parmesan and anchovies. Served with homemade garlic bread
Tue - Pan-fried gammon served with Dauphinoise potatoes (both from freezer) and fresh green beans
Wed - Tunisian tagine (homemade from freezer) served with homemade Rougag (a Tunisian flatbread)
Thu - Vegetable (potato, onion, sweet potato, carrot and beetroot) curry made with some 100 year sauce from freezer and built up with a jar of curry sauce. I'll make some chapattis to go with it
Fri - Baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans (love our Friday nights!
Sat - BBQ fare using things from freezer (served with very long tongs!) as hoping to see daughter and family
Sun - TBD!

Beef and Ale stew (used a chocolate stout)
Mash
Puff Pastry

Was lovely.

This weeks fare (on a bit of a mission to use things from freezer):

Mon - Cheese and ham pizza (from freezer - was reduced to 73p in Asda!) fortified with salami, chorizo, parmesan and anchovies. Served with homemade garlic bread
Tue - Pan-fried gammon served with Dauphinoise potatoes (both from freezer) and fresh green beans
Wed - Tunisian tagine (homemade from freezer) served with homemade Rougag (a Tunisian flatbread)
Thu - Vegetable (potato, onion, sweet potato, carrot and beetroot) curry made with some 100 year sauce from freezer and built up with a jar of curry sauce. I'll make some chapattis to go with it
Fri - Baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans (love our Friday nights!
Sat - BBQ fare using things from freezer (served with very long tongs!) as hoping to see daughter and family
Sun - TBD!

Are you really Craig David?

Pan fried fillet of plaice with pan fried Rye Bay scallops and a coriander, lime and chilli sauce, steamed baby pots, asparagus, mange tout and tenderstem carrots, washed down with Pays D'Oc Vignonier - clean plates again! Yesterday was grilled gammon steaks (1/2 a non smoked and 1/2 a smoked each), twice fried chunky chips, fried egg (duck fo me, hen for herself) and baked beans, washed down with Pays D'Oc rose, clean plates again!! Tomorrow TBC, waiting for suggestions from management!

Venison moussaka last night :p... have to wait to learn what's in store for tonight ... so far it's been two Beefeater Blood Orange & tonic, and some [tiny] red deer hot smoked sausages, cheeses & [strictly unsalted] nuts of at least five different varieties. Life is hard.

Just picked up a Spicy chicken deep crust 12" pizza with green chillis , red onion and green peppers.
Just for moi.

Chinese curry (homemade, well from a paste), Chicken and veg for the Mrs, I might have the same or defrost half a steak and make myself a beef one.

Night off for me tonight - earned it last night doing fish night! - so dear wife has been busy making a cottage pie which she normally serves with peas but may do asparagus and broccoli florets instead, I just have to find something suitable to wash it down with!

As an aside, Tesco could not supply the tenderstem broccoli we ordered so sent bags of broccoli florets instead, they're good!

Tandoori chicken naan breads with some fancy pants salad stuff. The girls prepped it, the boys are stepping in to take the glory.

Lamb ragù with spinach and gnocchi

Oh and a cheeky little red wine ☺

Turned out rubbish, so loaded a baguette with egg mayo, cheese and cucumber. Makes a mess of beards! 🧔 Now for a cheeky custard doughnut and a cup of tea!

I was asleep when Mrs. Gaz. got home so I’ve missed out on dinner tonight. Oh well, looks like it’s going to be a cheese and pickle sandwich tonight as I can’t be ****d to cook for myself. Fortunately, I’m partial to a cheese’n’pickle..

Cheers,

Gaz

Possibly the best cottage pie herself has made, thanks to using a tomato passata instead of chopped tomatoes in the sauce. Also fine grated cheese over the top and about 5 mins grill at the end of oven cooking makes a decent difference.

Now for the opening discussions about tomorrow - where I know I'll be back on duty probably for a chicken stir fry and home made sauce. Thankfully still have a glass of Bordeaux to calm the discussion!

Here's a thought for us foodies .... and drinkies .....

I'm type 2 diabetic (hereditary) relying on tablets, diet and lifestyle to put off the inevitable decline.

I never manage to get down to the magic level of 6.0 (UK) and fluctuate round the 7.5 mark most of the time. Doc put me on insulin 4 years ago which damn near killed me, so I went back on the tablets.

As part of the usual New Year's resolutions, including pressure from the missus, I cut down my alcohol intake by 2/3 to around 2 glasses of wine per day, on average.

I have my blood sugars tested quarterly and in early December they were 8.1. After the concerted effort from Jan 1st, my March reading was .... 8.3.

B*gger that, I thought, and returned to my normal consumption.

Had the quarterly test this week, after a happier 3 months. Result ... 7.5 ... a 10% drop.

Thus, scientific proof that regular and sustained alcohol intake is beneficial to your health.

Cheers! 🍷🍷🍷

p.s. the missus reckons it may be due to us not being able to eat out several times a week, as the lockdown hit here 2 weeks into this last quarter, and us eating more healthily at home. :(

I'm type 2 diabetic (hereditary) relying on tablets, diet and lifestyle to put off the inevitable decline.

Had the quarterly test this week, after a happier 3 months. Result ... 7.5 ... a 10% drop.

Thus, scientific proof that regular and sustained alcohol intake is beneficial to your health.

Cheers! 🍷🍷🍷

Corrected your post to include only important information....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom