What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I also bought a tray of doner meat and chips with separate salad and chili sauce to eat whilst watching the rugby tomorrow afternoon.
It is diet doner meat though;)
The twirling turd is hard to beat.
Reminds me very much of leaving the pub and getting a doner in pitta, with salad of course to balance it all out 🥴
Feck I so miss that.

Whole crispy duck, with spring onions, cucumber, hoisin sauce and pancakes. Chocolate pudding and custard for desert.

A few weeks ago we bought some Lamb Henry from our butcher which were already marinated in teriyaki. We had never had one before, so we thought we’d give it a go.

We ended up freezing it, but tonight was the night. We served it with egg fried rice and a stir fried side dish with peashoots, greens, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts cooked in oyster sauce.

I don’t think we’ll be having Lamb Henry again. Didn’t go down well with the dining table critics at Chez Dazzler.

Home Beer Battered and fried Skate Wing with chunky chips.

And I won’t have to Queue for it

Filet of beef with skinny fries, onion rings, roasted mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and perform sauce tonight.

Tonight it is Melanzane Parmigiano (her mother in Pisa's recipe) - cannot wait.

Wife spent hours in the kitchen yesterday. Had loads of fried brinjal / egg plant / aubergine left over so I decided to make a Baba Ghanoush (ish) dip out of them (we always have Tahini etc on hand to make Hummus which Jewish friends taught us about back in the 80s (long before it became trendy) - we rarely have shop bought).

So last night's dinner was bastardised anti-pasta mix of Baba Ghanoush (al la RWQ but delicious) , home made pita bread, olives, Italian antipasta meat mix and other bits and pieces. Strangely, I somehow forgot to open a bottle of wine to have with it. Will make up for that tonight.

Home Beer Battered and fried Skate Wing with chunky chips.

And I won’t have to Queue for it
Reminded me of footage I saw a few years ago. Unscrupulous fish mongers punch out disks of skate wing and sell it as scallops. Especially, as a frozen product. One of the reasons (beside freshness) to always get them in the shell if you can.

Tonight it is Melanzane Parmigiano (her mother in Pisa's recipe) - cannot wait.

Wife spent hours in the kitchen yesterday. Had loads of fried brinjal / egg plant / aubergine left over so I decided to make a Baba Ghanoush (ish) dip out of them (we always have Tahini etc on hand to make Hummus which Jewish friends taught us about back in the 80s (long before it became trendy) - we rarely have shop bought).

So last night's dinner was bastardised anti-pasta mix of Baba Ghanoush (al la RWQ but delicious) , home made pita bread, olives, Italian antipasta meat mix and other bits and pieces. Strangely, I somehow forgot to open a bottle of wine to have with it. Will make up for that tonight.

Hopeful you will feel able to share the recipe? :)

Sirloin steak, peppercorn sauce, chips, fried onions and mushrooms, mushy peas and bread and butter. Washed down with a mug of tea.

Hit the spot!

Sirloin steak, baked spud, sweetcorn and onion rings. Well that's what my wife and the cat had anyway.........

125925893_10160376331113032_8839165883342755629_o.jpg

Can mail it if you want - happy to spread the joy - PM me your email. Just finished eating it & had to restrain myself from going for 3rds.
I’d love it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom