What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dentist tomorrow so suspect dinner tomorrow night will be something very easy on the mouth, wife is planning to do a cottage pie, hope I'll be able to eat it! I'll be "deep sedated" for the dentistry to be done, not looking forward to tomorrow at all. Been told no alcohol tomorrow evening, suspect that may well be ignored!

Aldi Chicken King Prawn and Chorizo paella. No cooking (lob it in microwave for 8 minutes and dish up), hardly any washing up (2 bowls and 2 forks) and it’s delish. We always snarf the lot.

Perfect Friday night food, and as a bonus it feeds 2 of us for £3.99. Nothing not to like.

Cheers,

Gaz.

Great day for food today.

Breakfast: Mango smoothie bowl with bran flakes and small orange slices. Junior D is something of a whiz with smoothies.

Lunch: Cave aged Wookey Hole Cheddar cheese, Spanish onion, on freshly baked just-crusty rolls.

Dinner: Shared battered cod, chips and mushy peas with my beautiful wife, from our favourite fish & chips shop.

A trip to the butchers meant that I got a bit carried away. I came back with three while 30-day aged filets of beef, two inch-thick rump steaks, two huge half-inch thick gammon steaks, and a few other bits and pieces. Oops.

Homemade fish and chips with tinned mushy peas. Just discovered a fish merchant who will deliver (take note anybody on the Fylde Coast - shout if you want details) Prices very keen and quality absolutely 1st class. £80 later we have a full fish drawer in the freezer!

Also made a big batch of sourdough English Muffins - they are fantastic toasted with lashings of butter and jam! Freezers (we have a fridge freezer and a big larder freezer) now groaning even more. That's what comes of the kids not able to visit and leave with full carrier bags........

Crab linguine and a rather (too) sweet Gewürztraminer this eve. Early morning run out to the butchers tomorrow (the superb Conisbees in East Horsley). Aiming for some pork loin, chicken livers, rabbit and a partridge if they’ve been out shooting). I did a goulash in the slow cooker last weekend and used ox cheek for the first time (normally use skirt) and it was amazing!

Great day for food today.

Breakfast: Mango smoothie bowl with bran flakes and small orange slices. Junior D is something of a whiz with smoothies.

Lunch: Cave aged Wookey Hole Cheddar cheese, Spanish onion, on freshly baked just-crusty rolls.

Dinner: Shared battered cod, chips and mushy peas with my beautiful wife, from our favourite fish & chips shop.

A trip to the butchers meant that I got a bit carried away. I came back with three while 30-day aged filets of beef, two inch-thick rump steaks, two huge half-inch thick gammon steaks, and a few other bits and pieces. Oops.
Sounds like the perfect Friday that Rob. 👍👏🥳

it’s been another good day for food.

For breakfast, McDonalds Bacon & Egg McMuffin and hash brown. The food was OK. Having to drive to collect it was much better! Freezing cold but it was an opportunity for a quick roof down blast of fresh air.

For lunch, having had an unhealthy breakfast and in anticipation of a big dinner, we just had just a Nespresso skinny decaf latte with a couple of my wife’s wonderful madeleines. The closest we’ll get to being in France for a while!

Filet of beef, dauphinois potatoes, cauliflower cooked whole then quartered, green beans and frozen baby peas. Red wine sauce for the rest of the family, just english mustard for me. Waiting for syrup sponge and custard.

Not a bad day at all.

Grilled pork chops with roast potatoes, sprouts, broccoli, peas, and carrots with sausage meat and pork gravy.

Deciding whether to have some cheddar cheese, crackers and grapes or hit the shortbread biscuits.

Chicken Tikka masala made by my beautiful wife. Recipe from a Tom Kerridge low-calorie book. Totally scrummy!

thumbnail_IMG_20210207_183851.jpg

Chicken Tikka masala made by my beautiful wife. Recipe from a Tom Kerridge low-calorie book. Totally scrummy!

View attachment 108580
I’m sure it tastes fine but photos of food never do the dish any justice.

I never eat in places that show photos of their food.

it’s been another good day for food.

For breakfast, McDonalds Bacon & Egg McMuffin and hash brown. The food was OK. Having to drive to collect it was much better! Freezing cold but it was an opportunity for a quick roof down blast of fresh air.

For lunch, having had an unhealthy breakfast and in anticipation of a big dinner, we just had just a Nespresso skinny decaf latte with a couple of my wife’s wonderful madeleines. The closest we’ll get to being in France for a while!

Filet of beef, dauphinois potatoes, cauliflower cooked whole then quartered, green beans and frozen baby peas. Red wine sauce for the rest of the family, just english mustard for me. Waiting for syrup sponge and custard.

Not a bad day at all.
Carlsberg don’t do forum posts. But if they did, they’d be the best forum posts in the world.

Last night we used another simply cook recipe.
Simply cook jalfrezi, we used chicken thighs instead of prawns, was absolutely delicious.

Tonight will be M&S best ever chicken kiev

Night off for me tonight - Wed I did baked sea bream, Thur was sirloins (lovely fresh asparagus griddled!), today wife is making a beef curry, offered her a cheat bottled sauce (Punjaban) but no, she's making it from scratch, it's normally excellent.

I am trying to support British fishermen so:-

Moules mariniere with white wine,cream, garlic & parsley

followed by

Baked salmon with saute potatoes, green beans etc..

I must confess that the white wine is imported, from New Zealand though not France.

NJSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom