What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thought I was getting an evening out of the kitchen, but no, SWMBO had cooked too many roasties last Sunday and found a sachet of Bombay Potato mix in her (rather large) collection so asked me to use up the roasties that way. Will soon find out how successful (or not!) her bright idea is!! Last time we ordered from Punjaban (worth a look!) I got a couple of jars of their Bombay Potato sauce, followed their recipe and it was pretty good, although not quite as spicy as I'd have liked.

Well, the Bombay Potatoes worked out quite well tonight, so if you have left over roasties or boiled, it's a good way to use them. Schwartz Bombay Potato sachet, onion, passata and water, brown the onion, add the sachet contents (stirring well) then a minute later the passata, simmer gently for an hour or two adding water to get the sauce to the consistency required, add the chopped potatoes about 20 minutes before serving!

SWMBO had cooked too many roasties last Sunday
Sorry Chris, but there is absolutely no such thing as too many roasties !😋😋🤤🤤
Mid you, your Bombay potato idea is one I'm going to have to try

Have a look at punjaban.co.uk, they do a pre-made bombay potato sauce (with recipe on the jar), we really like their tamarind and other curry sauces and their tangy lime etc chutneys, plus I've just had an email saying they now also offer 3 types of samosas (veg, chicken tikka and lamb) and onion bahjis! We find their curry sauces much better than Sharwoods et al!

Valentine’s Day dinner was one of our favourites. Whole filet of beef, with peppercorn sauce, home made baked chips, onion rings, peas, and oven roasted mushrooms & tomatoes.

We left it much too late to have dinner having got caught up in a film, so the heart-shaped chocolate fondants and custard which Mrs D had prepared earlier will have to wait until tomorrow.

Sister in law was feeling generous, left us two nice sized sirloin steaks with a peppercorn sauce from a Southern Irish company called Spice O'Life.
I must say, its a very nice sauce too.

Will have some chips with them, don't have any mushroom or onion rings, and can't be bothered to go out either.

BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pizza followed by traditional pancakes with lemon and sugar.
Well it is pancake day!

Whole tail scampi, greek salad, jacket spud. Washed down with a bottle of something white from Naked Wines .
Reminiscent of the member from NI who kept posting about getting langoustines direct from the fisherman for a stupidly low price but would not give us a link to see if he'd ship to England - swine!!:D:D

Out of interest, which white from Naked? We particularly like their Argentine Pedro Giminez, their Argentine Torrontes is pretty good but Lidl do one that's about £3/bottle cheaper and just as good. We also like Naked's SA Arabella Vignonier (Arabella do some decent stuff) I've been a Naked Angel (OOh Er Madam!!) for nearly 9 years now, so every April now my "this month's freebie" is a bottle of craft gin rather than a bottle of wine (but I still have to buy 12 bottles to get my freebie!!).

Homemade fish pie with a cheesy gratin crunchy topping (love texture)

Love the standards

Cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets. We don’t usually eat burgers at home, but some 3% fat burgers caught my eye in the supermarket, and they were very good.

Reminiscent of the member from NI who kept posting about getting langoustines direct from the fisherman for a stupidly low price but would not give us a link to see if he'd ship to England - swine!!:D:D

Out of interest, which white from Naked? We particularly like their Argentine Pedro Giminez, their Argentine Torrontes is pretty good but Lidl do one that's about £3/bottle cheaper and just as good. We also like Naked's SA Arabella Vignonier (Arabella do some decent stuff) I've been a Naked Angel (OOh Er Madam!!) for nearly 9 years now, so every April now my "this month's freebie" is a bottle of craft gin rather than a bottle of wine (but I still have to buy 12 bottles to get my freebie!!).
That's me then 😁
I do apologise, I don't think he'd ship them to be fair, but ask away.
I've not had any more deliveries for a few months now due to one thing or another, but I must get some more deliveries soon as they're delicious, albeit quite time consuming.
Next door neighbour has still been getting them.

If I recall correctly, he told me he catches about 40 - 50 kgs per trip, and I don't think it takes very long to offload to paying customers. He used to take the lot to a fish market, but once they closed the restaurants that changed everything.
I'd say he has a pretty reliable source of customers these days

I've emailed them to see if they'd ship to mainland and if so what cost, will report back!

Twas the Layland Pinot Gris :D

M&S best ever burgers, chips and a little Bushmills sauce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom