What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
I am a big foodie. Or a foodie thats getting big....

Love cooking, fine dining as well as a good old burger.
Pics too if you can.

We were going to have sausages, but the missus couldn't find them in the permafrost of the freezer so it's Shepherds Pie apparently

Too late for the pic, already eaten... Marinated a butterflied chicken breast in lemon juice and tikka paste, barbequed it and had it in a toasted brioche bun with iceberg lettuce and homemade alioli. Very, very tasty. I normally do the same and add a beef burger and lots of hot chillies (in homage to a place we used to use on a Friday when i worked in Southall) but went for the 'diet' version. My wife told me to :oops:

Just found out today that our favorite local Italian is opened for take-a-ways so it may be a Mozzarella Sandwich followed by either a pizza or spicy pasta dish , wife can feed herself tonight or she can have her usual from the menu - peppercorn chicken / tatties / veg.

K

Well I'm not having that pelican curry again.

Four of us tried it a few weeks back and it was lovely, but the bill was a lot bigger than we expected.

Im going to grill some Salmon fillets on the outdoor grill, with rice and some peppers type stir fry thing.

Homemade beef curry. Cut a slab of Sunday’s beef joint, before roasting, and had it marinating in all sorts of spices since then. It was lovely. I’m also fortunate to be living next to the biggest prawn port in the U.K. Most of the catch usually goes abroad but with the fish market shut the boats are selling there catch to the public. 6kg of large langoustines fir £20, I’ll be turning orange shortly

Too late for the pic, already eaten... Marinated a butterflied chicken breast in lemon juice and tikka paste, barbequed it and had it in a toasted brioche bun with iceberg lettuce and homemade alioli. Very, very tasty. I normally do the same and add a beef burger and lots of hot chillies (in homage to a place we used to use on a Friday when i worked in Southall) but went for the 'diet' version. My wife told me to :oops:

There used to be a place called The Dineaway on the A4 (bit south of Southall, did the most amazing burgers in the late 70s early 80s)

I went to Southall Tech during my apprenticeship, there was some pretty good food to be had, I love a bit of spice.

Baked sea bass (1 whole small fish each, slice of lemon in the belly cavity) with a few ordinary mushrooms and a little red onion in the same dish, stir fry pak choi and shitake mushrooms in a tomato, worcester and mushroom ketchup sauce, steamed asparagus and tendersweet baby carrots, steamed baby new pototoes, all washed down with a Sur Lie Muscadet. No photo as I'm about to put the fish in the oven and will cook the rest after we shower.

There used to be a place called The Dineaway on the A4 (bit south of Southall, did the most amazing burgers in the late 70s early 80s)

I went to Southall Tech during my apprenticeship, there was some pretty good food to be had, I love a bit of spice.
I also went to Southall Tech (1966/7) during my apprenticeship. One of your colleagues at BOAC engineering as it was then was on the same course as me (HNC Electronics) and we became good friends. Later on in life (1986/7) I worked just off Western Road at the Southern end of Southall. I just missed out on The Dineaway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom