What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's SWMBO birthday today and her request was...... Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings! Luckily I have a free-range turkey breast in the freezer :)

Baa, Humbug!

How can you have Turkey on a Hot May Bank Holiday? 😳🤔😃

PS: I'm in a Stroppy Mood as the Promissed Stovies are Off the Menu, because some Greedy Git, Scoffed all of Yesterdays, Lamb!😡🤗😊🤭

Just finished making some mozzarella, so guess what we're having for lunch! :)

I hope to be having freshly caught langoustines tonight, served in extra virgin olive oil which will have garlic, chilli and finely chopped shallot in it, and some nice crusty bread to mop it up.
Local fisherman hasn't been able to get out due to bad weather here since Wednesday, but today is a gorgeous sunny hot day.

Not dinner, and thanks to having a bank holiday lie-in, a bit late for breakfast. Let’s call it brunch. Washed down with a mug of strong builder’s tea and a glass of chilled orange juice. Champion.

View attachment 96880

Cheers,

Gaz.

That looks veeeeeery nice!

Brown or tomato sauce?

Or Branston Pickle - yum.

Baa, Humbug!

How can you have Turkey on a Hot May Bank Holiday? 😳🤔😃

PS: I'm in a Stroppy Mood as the Promissed Stovies are Off the Menu, because some Greedy Git, Scoffed all of Yesterdays, Lamb!😡🤗😊🤭

Her wish is my command!

That looks veeeeeery nice!

Brown or tomato sauce?

Or Branston Pickle - yum.

I don’t bother, as the sauce on the beans is enough for me. Mrs. Gaz, on the other hand, doesn’t consider it a proper fry-up without at least half a bottle of HP. How she can taste the food, I’ll never know..

Cheers,

Gaz

I don’t bother, as the sauce on the beans is enough for me. Mrs. Gaz, on the other hand, doesn’t consider it a proper fry-up without at least half a bottle of HP. How she can taste the food, I’ll never know..

Cheers,

Gaz

It HAS to be the Branston ... brown sauce at a pinch!

Rib eye and king prawns again :)

BBQ , How to **** off your neighbours , I’m off to the Virtual Pub and get lagging , if only to get away from the stink ,

Must be the caveman in me, I’m like the bisto kid when I smell a BBQ. Bloomin lovely.:p

Get in our tummies! Roast spuds just the way we like them - crispy outside and fluffy inside. Lots of veg - Sue even tried a Brussel sprout! As it's her birthday we shared a bottle of fizz. The wine was interesting - a hint of vanilla which was new to me in a Shiraz
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Tonight we will be having a favourite... Cheesy pasta bake with pepperoni. Lots of peppers and cherry tomatoes and of course I'll be using the mozzarella I made this morning, along with a very mature Cheddar 😋
Now what wine should we take with this? Definitely a red but which? Thinking perhaps the Grenache/Merlot Cuvée Chasseur Vin de France, very easy drinking

Edit: Just checked and we're out of the Chassuer, so it will be the Negroamaro Salice Salentino, happy days!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom