What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not cooking tonight as it's my birthday (all together now,,, happy birthday to WN, happy birthday to WN... 🥳☺ ) and my good lady will be preparing my favourite, nothing exotic, good old beef 'n onion pie with lashings of gravy and (apologies @Swotty) Jersey Royals and spinach. I shall be decanting a nice Borolo and the Prosecco is already chilling.. 😋😋

This is discrimination against Yorkies abroad! :D

Nothing special tonight , Fancied Lobster Thermidor , unfortunately the fishmonger had sold the last Lobster ;) , so it was second best settled for a huge wing of skate , unfortunately SWMBO said it was large enough for two:( .

Dug out the new kebab set, so currently have cubes of chicken breast marinating in Nando's Lime and Mango, plus chunks of long sweet pepper and onion at the ready, plus in the freezer we found 6 small satay skewers with sauce so they'll get cooked too, along with a few large asparagus spears and jacket tatties. Haven't decided what to wash it down with yet.

I am on cashew nuts and Guinness West Indian Porter, not sure if I will make it to the kitchen later. :eek:

Both are excellent healthy life choices! Cashews are my favourite but the missus goes for dry roasted peanuts, so it's double the cost. :rolleyes:

PLEASE tell me said Kebabs were cooked on the BBQ? If not, I must inform you its illegal to cook kebabs indoors unless in a registered restaurant or takeaway in commercial premises.

Gas or George Formby? (as the missus calls the George Foreman "lean, green, grilling machine" or something like that.

I thought about calling him out about a cr*p description ... but then sobered up!

Seriously ... they are a brilliant and versatile alternative if it rains ... or in winter.

Gas or George Formby? (as the missus calls the George Foreman "lean, green, grilling machine" or something like that.

I thought about calling him out about a cr*p description ... but then sobered up!

Seriously ... they are a brilliant and versatile alternative if it rains ... or in winter.

No Gas or G Formby ( 😊 ) , just proper traditional BBQ. :)

Often thought about the GF grill as lots of folk said they are great little things. Just never got around to buying one. I'll have to do some research....................

Often thought about the GF grill as lots of folk said they are great little things. Just never got around to buying one. I'll have to do some research....................
So you will acquire one in a about 2 years??:cool::rolleyes:

We have the great big George Foreman grill for cooking our sausages and bacon when we’re away in the caravan. We’ve always been very pleased with it.

Sorry to disappoint you Ant but it was under the grill

We went for a 5 mile walk when I got back from work so really didn’t have time for the BBQ to get lit and ready

That’s planned for the weekend ;) and I have the thick ribeye waiting

Sorry to disappoint you Ant but it was under the grill

We went for a 5 mile walk when I got back from work so really didn’t have time for the BBQ to get lit and ready

That’s planned for the weekend ;) and I have the thick ribeye waiting

Same here, Friday BBQ planned. Weather meant to get lovely towards the weekend. Enjoy Ste.

We have the great big George Foreman grill for cooking our sausages and bacon when we’re away in the caravan. We’ve always been very pleased with it.

I have one too but don't use as much since we got a Teppanyaki grill which seems a lot more versatile - I've set up a worktop on our decking to use. When we had the tourer I used it outside on a camping table or awning when wet.

You have a halogen? I almost never use the van oven now which is a blessing as they caravan ovens are not brilliant

For several years now the trend out here is to get a plancha ... basically a flat metal toasting/cooking plate, usually electric but there are gas versions:

I can see the advantage of being easier to clean but, apart from that ... well, what's the point?

I seem to be getting confused over the internet use of the GF abbreviation, I thought it meant Girl Friend but a lot of the time on the food sites GF = George Foreman Grill.

I snorted wine up my nose when on a food comments section someone mentioned slapping their meat in their GF and slamming the sides together to increase the sizzle :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom