What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steak night tonight - griddled sirloin, griddled asparagus, steamed fine beans, grilled portobello mushroom, orange pepper and tomato (for wife), twice deep fried chips and a mushroom sauce, all washed down with Rasteau 2016 - all went down rather well, and a lesson learnt.

Some time ago we read a recipe about deep frying chips twice rather than once, said soak chips for a while then dry before frying for 5 mins at 150C, then drain, cool and rest for 10-15 mins before frying again at 170C for 4-5 mins (we found 4 mins 30 perfect). Tried it, liked the results so have been doing that for a while. Tonight wife accidentally re-set the deep fat fryer thermostat to 190C for the first couple of minutes then dropped it to 180, and the chips were better than 4.5 mins at 170!

Anyway, had a lovely meal, feel rather replete enjoying second glass of Rasteau while wife enjoys her second glass while relaxing in her jacuzzi bath - peace and quite downstairs, bliss!!

Having seen Trump's class review of unemployment and George Floyd's opinion beamed down from heaven, I enjoyed my lamb cutlets and dauphinoise potatos twice. Better first time TBH. He makes Ronald Regan in his terminal days look like the sharpest knife in the rack.

Spam , with Spam garlic dressing , sautéed Spam , with a side order of Spam.
Washed down with homemade Spam Chardonnay, for desert, Spam and custard .

I love spam, ice cold from the fridge, soft white bread and spread thick with margarine.

I still regularly buy Spam, but only ever use it as a fishing bait.

They love Spam in Hawaii, for some reason. You can even get it in McDonalds for breakfast (along with scrambled egg and rice - no thanks!),

Cheers,

Gaz

Not sure yet but what i can't do is stop watching all sorts of things being cooked on Youtube

Spam , with Spam garlic dressing , sautéed Spam , with a side order of Spam.
Washed down with homemade Spam Chardonnay, for desert, Spam and custard .
Spam Stilton and biscuits with Spam Port?

Easy night tonight, reheating the second half of the cottage pie dear wife made on Thursday - and as ever, tomorrow being Sunday, she'll be on duty for the roast as I'm banned from the kitchen (apart from pouring the drinks) when she's doing Sunday roast!!:D:D

Piri piri spatchcock chicken
Various pasta salads
Coleslaw

Basa fillets, chippolte and chilli jam with ginger rice and pak-choi

Junk food tonight.
Doner meat and chips with all the salads and double chilli sauce.

I like your style..

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom