What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had some spuds, boiled onions and sausages left from the BBQ yesterday, so sliced the spuds and sausages fairly thinly then chucked in some cream, yogurt, garlic and allspice plus just a little freshly grated nutmeg before topping with pecorino. Will bake in an hot oven and serve with a naan that needs using up.

OMG, you guys always make me feel so hungry :(

A Roast Chicken Dinner with all the trimmings and if the Virtual Pub is not open after I have eaten I’m off over to Mums Nett to catch up on some Motoring Posts .

A Roast Chicken Dinner with all the trimmings and if the Virtual Pub is not open after I have eaten I’m off over to Mums Nett to catch up on some Motoring Posts .

I'll be open later, just ring the bell when you get here :thumb:

Had some spuds, boiled onions and sausages left from the BBQ yesterday, so sliced the spuds and sausages fairly thinly then chucked in some cream, yogurt, garlic and allspice plus just a little freshly grated nutmeg before topping with pecorino. Will bake in an hot oven and serve with a naan that needs using up.

Was very, very tasty. Sue awarded me a gold star and said I could make it again sometime. Trouble is that dishes like this have to use leftovers - often making from scratch does not work!

IMG_20200608_190414.jpg

Lambs liver, bacon, mash, cabbage, carrots, onion gravy.

That meal is even better with calves liver - often my choice for a pub meal as SWMBO will only eat lambs liver (and lambs kidney) in a very small portion as part of a mixed grill, whereas I love calves or lambs liver and sauteed lambs kidneys as a main meal! However, I'd give the cabbage a miss.

I love risotto, but this evening we tried something we’ve done before, with fresh baby plum tomatoes amd sundried tomatoes. We had a garlic crusty boule from M&S in the freezer which was really rather good -/baked in the instore bakery, sliced, garlic butter added and then frozen on site.

The trouble with this working from home malarkey is that access to the freezer, cupboards etc. is all too easy. Instead of my normal lunchtime sandwich this somehow appeared:

62A1DD2E-87D5-4DAF-8310-E3A87A0D7903.jpeg

The pie was from the local butcher, and although not cheap, was absolutely rammed full of steak & kidney. The trouble is, I have no inclination to get back to work now as I’d rather sit in the comfy chair and nod off..

Cheers,

Gaz

Aldi sausage rolls and oven chips. Sue out watching Downton Abbey with her mum - separate parts of the room) so I am watching Ford v Ferrari.

Cracking film. Would love to go back in time to that era - with lots of money! The sheer look of sports cars from those days sets the old pulse racing (see what I did there?)

Le Mans '66 (Ford v Ferrari

Roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, toast potatoes, red cabbage, carrots, peas. Followed by panna cotta with passion fruit seeds and strawberries.

Tonight is definitely Langoustines, fisherman wasn't able to get any on Monday or Tuesday, just he's arrived about an hour ago with 2 kilo's of large Langoustines. :banana:
Actually he brought 6kg, 4kg for next door.

Gonna have them in a little extra virgin olive oil, which will have some garlic and chilli in it, mostly to keep them warm which they all get cooked and peeled.

Gonna be served with a small portion of skinny fries and a some M&S sriracha mayo on the side 😋

Pizza, home made garlic bread. And @DrFeelgood’s garlic mushrooms. (Minus the cognac) :)

Pizza, home made garlic bread. And @DrFeelgood’s garlic mushrooms. (Minus the cognac) :)
Feeling some pressure over this I asked the Mrs what she puts in and she reminded me of the stock cube (or jelly thing), chicken probably knowing her.

No idea why I took this mad notion for French Onion soup.
Last had it like this in the USA somewhere.
Itch has now been scratched.

20200610_162939.jpg
20200610_170030.jpg

Was delicious, quite pleased with this.

Think last time I made this from scratch was when I was a lad, the ingredients were Onions and Oxo Cube. :)

Feeling some pressure over this I asked the Mrs what she puts in and she reminded me of the stock cube (or jelly thing), chicken probably knowing her.

No pressure. They were yummy. Deb added stock cube, it was beef though. 👏👏👏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom