What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Profiteroles.

Lit the Kamado.

I know that we have sausage, ribs and burgers but hoping for more.

Just remembered that there's a couple of steaks in the freezer, there must be chicken here somewhere.

^^^^
Croquembouche, maybe?

Bit attacking for dinner, though..

Tonight I have had billowing smoke, Burnt Fat stink , charred chicken,
cremated sausages and underdone hamburgers ,all thanks to BBQ fiasco next door .

Lovely thick beef fillet steaks, that I cooked about a minute too long so they ended up medium. I was concentrating too much on the Marsala sauce to go with them. But the triple cooked chips turned out perfectly.

Lovely thick beef fillet steaks, that I cooked about a minute too long so they ended up medium. I was concentrating too much on the Marsala sauce to go with them. But the triple cooked chips turned out perfectly.
Masala sauce with steak?

Before Delboy jumps in trying to make me look a ****, I do know the difference.

Masala sauce with steak?

Before Delboy jumps in trying to make me look a ****, I do know the difference.
I have to confess that you nearly got me there. :doh:

This is the recipe I followed - easy and delicious.

Clicked Karahi Bhuna, basmati rice and naan bread

Store bought naan but my cooking otherwise.

Mrs Ltd doesn’t like curries as spicy as I do so split it into two pans and then add some sweet peppers into hers ;)

Heh, fillet steak tikka masala aounds OK actually.

I sometimes make Chinese beef curry by searing a steak very briefly then slicing into Chinese curry sauce with onion and mushroom.
Blatant advertising here for my very good friend Bonnie Yau’s Chinese Curry Sauce. She has taught me many oriental cooking methods, some of which I’m now reasonably good at. Her best sauce without a doubt is her nut-free satay.

Clicked Karahi Bhuna, basmati rice and naan bread

Store bought naan but my cooking otherwise.

Mrs Ltd doesn’t like curries as spicy as I do so split it into two pans and then add some sweet peppers into hers ;)
I used to use the two pan process for my very young daughter’s resistance to spicy foods. Now I just use one pan to cook then put hers into a sieve and rinse with boiling water before serving. She’s happy as long as she has loads of ric.

Did lazy ribs on the BBQ tonight.

Pack of Waitrose ribs in a sealed bag, already slow cooked.

Whacked them on the Kamado, lid down for a while, turned a few times until crispy both sides.

Served with a good dousing in Frank's Buffalo sauce.

ACE!

For dinner?
Pretty much!

We had a great big late lunch, and my wife made a big batch of profiteroles for a little socially-distanced garden get-together with our neighbours.

They’re more like Choux buns than profiteroles, they’re huge, and our neighbours really love them. Strange, Mrs D makes them for our neighbours but not for me?!

We have another undressed batch ready to be finished off tomorrow ready for two socially-distanced Father’s Day get togethers. I may end up looking like profiteroles.

We had dinner at lunchtime today: beef ragu. Tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom