What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2kg of these bad boys. Caught between 5am and 7am, delivered to me at 9.15
View attachment 98145

:ban: And here is one from my wife: :ban:

We had to settle for crispy chicken burgers with a made up spicy sauce, fake cheese and crispy lettuce. Served with homemade matchstick fries. Swap? :)

Hi,

So here is my wife’s recipe for traditional Goan pork curry - as promised!

Enjoy!

Cheers
Steve

Trying it tomorrow. Been looking forward to it since you shared!

@Steveml63

Had the curry Goa Pork Curry for a late lunch today. Highly recommended, please thank your wife for the recipe. We halfed the chillis for my wife and it was on the edge of what she can take, I'd have been happy with a full dose. I usually order a vindaloo or madras so spicy is good.

Great recipe, makes enough for 3 meals for teh two of us so, 2 ready in the freezer.

@Steveml63

Had the curry Goa Pork Curry for a late lunch today. Highly recommended, please thank your wife for the recipe. We halfed the chillis for my wife and it was on the edge of what she can take, I'd have been happy with a full dose. I usually order a vindaloo or madras so spicy is good.

Great recipe, makes enough for 3 meals for teh two of us so, 2 ready in the freezer.

So glad you liked it!
Here is a little tip for you.
On the day that you cook the curry - whatever is left over - let it go cold and then put it in the fridge overnight.
Next day - either eat what was left or freeze it then.
The next day curry often tastes even better - especially with this Vindaloo recipe - because the meat continues to take on the flavours and the chilli heat mellows a little.

So glad you liked it!
On the day that you cook the curry - whatever is left over - let it go cold and then put it in the fridge overnight.
The next day curry often tastes even better - especially with this Vindaloo recipe - because the meat continues to take on the flavours and the chilli heat mellows a little.

Great tip for all "stew" type meals. I rarely eat them the same day

So glad you liked it!

Yep we did that, marinaded the meat, which we cooked the next day and then ate on the 3rd day.

I'm in my late 60s and in South Africa we grew up with curries. Back then, we had the biggest Indian population out of India. My wife grew up in Kenya and they also had a lot of Indians there & she also grew up with curry. When we first got married (mid 70s) we worked on a project in Ivory Coast when my wife ran the mess for 300 Indian tradesmen. We had 3 Indian cooks who were alway giving her cooking lessons.

We are used to the more authentic Indian meals compared to what what is served here in the UK.

Very rare pavé rump steak with new potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower florets 😋

Chicken Kiev and salad. Blooming lovely it was too.

Sunday roast, but today was one of the large (1/2 kilo) duck breasts we buy in Calais, roasted with the traditional roast tatties, carrots, parsnips and steamed green beans and tenderstem broccoli, managed to get the duck reasonably rare, washed it down with a lovely Portugese red. Clean plates from both of us and a little duck for a sarnie tomorrow. Wife would not turn the oven up to 200+ for cooking the duck, so 20 mins at 175C plus 5-10 mins in the hostess trolley had it slightly more cooked than I would have liked, but pink enough to be OK and not get complaints from her - I would have love it purple in the middle!

Roast Beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, green beans, peas and carrots with thick beef gravy.
And very nice it was too.

Roast Beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, green beans, peas and carrots with thick beef gravy.
And very nice it was too.

Rog. you been hanging around waiting for me to say we forgot about dinner to post this one? ;)

I am now starving, our burgers didn't really hit the spot, need more beer to suppress the belly......

Rog. you been hanging around waiting for me to say we forgot about dinner to post this one? ;)

I am now starving, our burgers didn't really hit the spot, need more beer to suppress the belly......

Get a kebab in Pat. The staple diet after a few beers.

Chavvy meal tonight - I discovered frozen spam fritters in Iceland the other day! Not had them for many years. With chips - I'd prefer mash but Sue's choice this time

Also bought some Brain's Faggots in gravy for another retro meal

Chavvy meal tonight - I discovered frozen spam fritters in Iceland the other day! Not had them for many years. With chips - I'd prefer mash but Sue's choice this time

Also bought some Brain's Faggots in gravy for another retro meal
I have Brain's faggots about 3 or 4 times a year with mash and frozen peas and they are always delicious.

However, had them 2 weeks ago and felt that the recipe had changed, there was loads of gravy but the meat texture was a bit spongy, tasted fine and wouldn't put me off. Might have just been that batch I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom