What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mind if i pinch one or two :p

View attachment 98665

Ta!
😂
You wouldn't be doing that craic with the ones I get.
Many of them still flap their tails when you pick them up!.
Keeping them in the fridge for several hours seems to calm down most of them, OK, some do seem to be dead, but most are definitely still moving and grabbing onto sh!t with their claws - like the plastic bag they're delivered in, or the kitchen paper I set them on in preparation for the pop, or indeed their mates

BBQ ribs, chips & coleslaw then 10 little profiteroles.

Then went to Callander for a chippy.

Used a Punjaban basic curry sauce tonight with stir fried chicken breast, sweet pepper and onion, very mild but enjoyable. Impressed with Punjaban curry stuff, wife is particularly keen on their tangy lime pickle ahd their feisty apple chutney, we also like their tamarind sauce for prawn curry which is also quite mild, and their butter chicken sauce which is very mild!

Used a Punjaban basic curry sauce tonight with stir fried chicken breast, sweet pepper and onion, very mild but enjoyable. Impressed with Punjaban curry stuff, wife is particularly keen on their tangy lime pickle ahd their feisty apple chutney, we also like their tamarind sauce for prawn curry which is also quite mild, and their butter chicken sauce which is very mild!
Can I ask how do the Punjaban sauces compare to the Pataks stuff, assuming you've tried that too.

Personal opinion, I prefer the Punjaban - they're certainly better than Sharwoods, I've only tried Pataks a couple of times. Biggest problem with Punjaban is availability - the bigger shops in that well known health pills chain carry some but not all, I ordered direct from Punjaban online but yiu have to order about £40 to get free delivery, otherwise it's not worth it.

Filet steak, dauphinois potatoes, green beans and peas. Chocolate brownies and flat whites for desert. Tasty, tasty, very very tasty, they’re very tasty.

Not quite fillet, but sirloins griddled rare, chips (proper twice deep fried ones!), sugar snaps, sweetcorn and a pepper sauce with chunky mushrooms, stilton and creme fraiche (as I went a bit heavy handed with the stilton!). Washed down with a Naked Angels Selection 2019 Argentine Mendoza Malbec which is yet again going down really well. Stuffed as proverbial butchers pup tonight!

We tend to have a bit of a run on a particular type of food, and we’ve been really into filet steak this last week or two, so we’re off to buy more in the morning.

We get it from a fancy pants butchers with one of those big glass rooms cold room things, it’s blooming brilliant. Everything they sell if absolutely wonderful.

We tend to have a bit of a run on a particular type of food, and we’ve been really into filet steak this last week or two, so we’re off to buy more in the morning.

We get it from a fancy pants butchers with one of those big glass rooms cold room things, it’s blooming brilliant. Everything they sell if absolutely wonderful.
Ageing cabinets?

Maybe salt ageing?

Dark meat?

Ageing cabinets?

Maybe salt ageing?

Dark meat?
No idea what they’re called or what they use them for, but they look brilliant. I suspect aging. The sort of thing you get in nice steak restaurants. I’ll take a photo.

Rump steak, chips, red onion, mushrooms, tomato, mushy peas, eggs, b&b.
Needed a bigger plate really. Full up now.

View attachment 98790

That looks delicious.

I assumed having eggs with steak was a Frank Bruno thing.

Then I saw you had posted about the very thing a while ago - maybe a Roger and Frank Bruno thing, then?

I have some guys here doing my driveway and got speaking to one of them about food, an lo and behold, he has steak with fried eggs!

He says it is delicious and that I'm missing out.

So, next time I have steak, I'll give the eggs a try. :thumb:

Try duck egg rather than hen - rather more filling, but very tasty! We buy "from the farm gate", they also make a superb omlette! Same farm also sells Guinea fowl eggs, really tough shells (drop them on the floor and they may not break!) but I found little difference to hen's eggs.

I assumed having eggs with steak was a Frank Bruno thing. So, next time I have steak, I'll give the eggs a try. :thumb:
A standard breakfast in the USA is steak and eggs (sunny side up natch!)

We have the grandkids today and overnight. Eliza (4) said she wants chicken nugget, pepperoni and chips pizza o_O. Her wish is my command so we will invent/make it together.
Harry (1) does not care as long as he has a constant stream of anything vaguely edible!

A standard breakfast in the USA is steak and eggs (sunny side up natch!)

We have the grandkids today and overnight. Eliza (4) said she wants chicken nugget, pepperoni and chips pizza o_O. Her wish is my command so we will invent/make it together.
Harry (1) does not care as long as he has a constant stream of anything vaguely edible!
My kids love frankfurter & fries pizza, sounds similar. Even Mrs D liked it when she had a bite of theirs. I declined 🤢 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom