What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lamb cannon with basmati rice and roasted vegetables. Lamb cannon is a cut we’ve only been introduced to recently by the butcher but it’s super lean, tender and completely delicious. Easy to cook too, either pan fry or roast. The butcher does some excellent marinades, so we went with garlic, soy and ginger, cut the lamb into bite size pieces and let it soak in that for a couple of hours. Cut up some veg (we had peppers, red onion, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes), dump the lot in a roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and stick it in the oven. Bag of 2 minute in the microwave rice and job’s a good ‘un. Simple, healthy, and as I say, utterly delicious. We’ve done this a couple of times now and demolish the lot.

Cheers,

Gaz

Lamb cannon with basmati rice and roasted vegetables. Lamb cannon is a cut we’ve only been introduced to recently by the butcher but it’s super lean, tender and completely delicious. Easy to cook too, either pan fry or roast. The butcher does some excellent marinades, so we went with garlic, soy and ginger, cut the lamb into bite size pieces and let it soak in that for a couple of hours. Cut up some veg (we had peppers, red onion, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes), dump the lot in a roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and stick it in the oven. Bag of 2 minute in the microwave rice and job’s a good ‘un. Simple, healthy, and as I say, utterly delicious. We’ve done this a couple of times now and demolish the lot.

Cheers,

Gaz
I can't think of anything that I enjoy more than lamb, cutlets in particular.

I'm patiently sitting here waiting for the pictures of 5 Tons of Languistines that just jumped off the Trawler in Northern Ireland! ;) 😏;):)
Next week John :thumb:

So you do not get them every week then? First World problems huh? LOL
Sometimes every week, but usually every other week.
Next door got more today, but I decided not to as have had a load work to do today, because as lovely as they are, its a bit of a faff preparing 2kg of them.

Probably lazy Chinese takeaway tonight as I'm a bit tired now.

BBQ.

Sausage, corn on the cob, teriyaki chicken, chicken wings, halloumi and current playlist includes Mack the knife, Bobby Darin.

Had a CBA tea tonight - BBQ ribs and egg fried rice accompanied by a stubbie or two, all from Aldi. And I must say that at £3.49 for a 14 rib rack we were most impressed! Tender, well flavoured meat with a good sauce. Highly recommended

Sometimes every week, but usually every other week.
Next door got more today, but I decided not to as have had a load work to do today, because as lovely as they are, its a bit of a faff preparing 2kg of them.

Probably lazy Chinese takeaway tonight as I'm a bit tired now.

Self, Self, Self! You could have lied and posted the pictures from a Fortnight Ago, so we could all have Dreweled Over them! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wallbash:

Fillet steak, chips, mushrooms and a nice peppercorn sauce which was added to a red wine deglazed pan 😋

BBQ tonight.
Chicken Tikka, burgers, sausages, balti curry with potatoes/green pepper/mushrooms tomatoes and onions. new potatoes, garlic bread, salad and washed down with Peroni's followed by New York cheescake with homemade strawberry jam glaze and chocolate birthday cake. Daughter # 1 is 33 tomorrow

Steak (small) with (lots of ) peppercorn sauce, sauteed new potatoes, onions, mushrooms and straight from the greenhouse fresh fried tomatoes with bread and butter to mop up! Very tasty.
20200812_170047[1].jpg

Went out tonight for a change. Local nepalese restaurant, was lovely, but really busy due to government 50% incentive.
Must admit, it was quite nice getting the discount

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom