What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fillet steak, onions & mushrooms in garlic, salad and fresh chips for me.
Peri-peri Chicken burger, salad & chips for Mrs Ant & daughter.

First time I’ve cooked a meal for months. Hated the cooking 👎. Loved the food. 👍

7D06EF94-C902-4A1F-8912-5CD65CE8869D.jpeg82E9EB28-1268-4660-8AB4-F97AAE6036DE.jpeg

We had our favourite lamb dish again tonight. Lamb cannon, marinated in garlic soy and ginger, then pan roasted with vegetables (today it was red onions, peppers, cherry tomatoes, & sugarsnap peas) and rice. Easy to cook, healthy and delicious, although Mrs Gaz commented "this really ought to have a name - we can't keep calling it Lamb Thing" :)

Cheers,

Gaz

It was nice Rob. But I honestly struggle with cooking, far too stressful for my liking. I’d rather fit a kitchen than cook in one. 🤪

However, it was nice to give Mrs Ant and daughter a break. ☺️

I fancy steak now tomorrow, looked yummy.
I'm watching Somebody feed Phil on Netflix and hungry but only when I'm awake. ;)

We had our favourite lamb dish again tonight. Lamb cannon, marinated in garlic soy and ginger, then pan roasted with vegetables (today it was red onions, peppers, cherry tomatoes, & sugarsnap peas) and rice. Easy to cook, healthy and delicious, although Mrs Gaz commented "this really ought to have a name - we can't keep calling it Lamb Thing" :)

Cheers,

Gaz
Come on Gaz, give us a shortlist and we’ll pick a winner.

Honest takeaway for us, so for me personally I had chicken & sweetcorn aoup, chicken satay skewers, filet steak with wine & chilli and egg fried rice. Brownie baked by Mrs D just landed on the sofa beside me too...

Honest takeaway for us, so for me personally I had chicken & sweetcorn aoup, chicken satay skewers, filet steak with wine & chilli and egg fried rice. Brownie baked by Mrs D just landed on the sofa beside me too...
Blimey Rob. That’s some appetite. 😳

Sounds delightful especially the Brownie. 😋

Home cooked Roast Beef, roasted red onions, Yorkshire Puddings, Roast Potatoes, Sprouts, Cauliflower, Peas, Thick beef gravy.
Pudding when I find some room for it.

Home cooked Roast Beef, roasted red onions, Yorkshire Puddings, Roast Potatoes, Sprouts, Cauliflower, Peas, Thick beef gravy.
Pudding when I find some room for it.
Sounds delightful Rog. 😋

Would love something along those lines but roast diners are now banned (here) until 25th Dec. Building the anticipation and excitement. 🥳

Sounds delightful Rog. 😋

Would love something along those lines but roast diners are now banned (here) until 25th Dec. Building the anticipation and excitement. 🥳
First roast for a few weeks Ant. Really enjoyable.

Does denying yourself the food you enjoy make it taste better when you eventually eat it?
I can't do that. You never know what the next day has in store for you.

First roast for a few weeks Ant. Really enjoyable.

Does denying yourself the food you enjoy make it taste better when you eventually eat it?
I can't do that. You never know what the next day has in store for you.
Aye, good point there Roger. 👏

I must admit we’ve had a Sunday roast most weeks all year. So decided to abstain from a few weeks ago to make Xmas day special.
Must admit though, you’ve tempted us for next weekend. Decs up day🎄 sounds a great excuse.

Roast unsmoked Gammon joint, Roast pots, cauliflower, runner beans, carrots, home made yorkies, gravy. I was head chef, boys demolished the lot as did self and Mrs. Must of been good. Self praise is no praise but I'm ok in the kitchen if I don't say so myself 😉👍

Shop bought chocolate trifel for afters. Was decent.

Lamb Korma, Saag Paneer, Egg Fried Rice and a pint of Stella Artois. Lovely.

Chicken casserole with boiled spuds. Was scrumptious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom