What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope they were proper pasties - shortcrust with a rope twist to seal and turnip, NOT swede!

**Stands by for incoming about how a proper Cornish Pasty should be made. And yes, I know the originals had jam at the other end!**
They were indeed Steve. I should have taken a photo. I’ll do so next time. 👍

Well it is Sunday and so it will be the full roast dinner, today it is roast pork

We’re Mavericks in the Dazzler household so we have burgers for dinner today, yes burgers on a Sunday, in cold wet winter weather!

Burgers and a J2O - not my idea of a proper Sunday! It'll be sherry for herself and martini rosso for me while we prepare the Sunday roast (smoked gammon this week), plus roasties etc, washed down with something from the bottom (decent) part of the wine rack, probably a red this week as the gammon is smoked (for unsmoked it would be pink or white). As for yorkshires with chicken - you're not alone in the "different" stakes, both wife and daughter like apple sauce with roast chicken, I only have it with roast pork!

Burgers and a J2O - not my idea of a proper Sunday! It'll be sherry for herself and martini rosso for me while we prepare the Sunday roast (smoked gammon this week), plus roasties etc, washed down with something from the bottom (decent) part of the wine rack, probably a red this week as the gammon is smoked (for unsmoked it would be pink or white). As for yorkshires with chicken - you're not alone in the "different" stakes, both wife and daughter like apple sauce with roast chicken, I only have it with roast pork!
You must be watching us. We JUST poured a Sherry each with hone made mince pies whilst watching the F1. Happy Sunday. :banana:

We don't get to see the GP until 5.30 this evening, we already pay too much to BT for internet, BTTV and BTSport to add anything from Sky to the package!

Wife's birthday but still in tier 3 so our usual trip to our local Bangla joint is replaced with a takeaway but least I can have my wicked strength cider this year with my ruby, result :)

but least I can have my wicked strength cider this year with my ruby, result :)
Have a look at this farm cider - I was taken there by a Somerset born friend a few years ago and sampled it there, friend bought many litres to bring home, told me that they tell the revenue it's 8% as that's what they pay tax on, but it may be a bit more. Bought a 10L of the dry for friend as a Xmas pressie and 5L for me this year, shipping cost was £12, he does not take card over the phone, put his bank details on a piece of paper in the delivery for me to pay once I'd received the cider! (or could have posted him a cheque after delivery). Had a couple of pints last evening, it says 6% on the box but....It's a proper cloudy farmhouse cider, slipped down rather well.

We’re Mavericks in the Dazzler household so we have burgers for dinner today, yes burgers on a Sunday, in cold wet winter weather!
Burgers deferred to Monday. We went to the butchers today and when we unpacked at home we found that the seal had broken on the pre-prepared hunter’s chicken spilling barbecue sauce all over the rest of the contents of the cool bag.

We had intended to eat it later in the week, but thought we had best eat the hunter’s chicken today - as I don’t eat BBQ flavoured “anything” I had bought myself a huge thick gammon steak - so I had gammon, chips roasted mushrooms, peas, and ketchup. Tres tasty.

Roast chicken

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom