What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cod loin with sweet potato mash and steamed whatever veg is in the fridge. Bottle of something white from the free case from naked wines :D Sticky toffee pud n double cream.

Corner cut Roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, sprouts (lots of #em) frozen garden peas, thick beef gravy.
Followed by reheated Christmas pudding with double cream.
Only 2 glasses of wine over the whole Xmas/NYD period. I'm almost teetotal these days.

Steak pie, very traditional up here today.
We make it as stew then do the pie paste separate but most folks buy a butcher steak pie.

I cooked with my daughter tonight. Pasta with a very nice supermarket sauce from a jar. Great for a quick dinner.

Night off for me tonight, dear wife made a bolognese sauce (pretty much from scratch as normal!) which we had with linguine and ciabatta (olive oil and balsamic vinegar). Enjoyable!

Funnily enough we've just finished bangers, mash, beans and a fried red onion/mushroom mix! Bangers were a mix of 3 different types from Kings Butchers Wendover (pork and leek, pork and stilton and Wendover Royal) and a few cocktail sausages left over from Xmas. Rather nice French Dijon mustard and Pays D'Oc Malbec helped!

First BBQ of the year for us tonight. Like an end of Christmas meal. Frosty garden. Wrapped up warm, tunes playing. Glass of wine, 🥳

.....................oh, and the girls indoors all cosy warm. They ain’t daft. 🥴

Attachments

• C9ED808D-2C39-4D59-B036-F5CA3B3A79FE.jpeg
    C9ED808D-2C39-4D59-B036-F5CA3B3A79FE.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 7
First BBQ of the year for us tonight. Like an end of Christmas meal. Frosty garden. Wrapped up warm, tunes playing. Glass of wine, 🥳

.....................oh, and the girls indoors all cosy warm. They ain’t daft. 🥴
Ace 👌🏻

No snow Ant? We’ve had two generous loads today. I can send some up if you like?

Ace 👌🏻

No snow Ant? We’ve had two generous loads today. I can send some up if you like?
Nothing significant Rob. Had a snow shower on Christmas Eve for about 20 minutes and that was that.

Only 1/2 mile from the Solway here so unfortunately never get much. 😖

@AMGeed could send us some up in a box with a few treats in the middle. 😁

Looks lovely and cosy 👍

Indian takeaway tonight. Was very tasty and some left over for tomorrows lunch for me.:banana:

Indian takeaway tonight. Was very tasty and some left over for tomorrows lunch for me.:banana:

Exactly what we had NYE. And a few beers 🍻

We had one last ham in the fridge, so we sliced that bad boy up and had it with chips and peas (for the boys) and salad baguettes (for the girls) for lunch.

We weren’t really in the mood for a proper dinner after that ham, so we had a dinner which we only ever have at Christmas ... cheese and crackers!

Every Christmas we have a truckle of cheese from Woolley Hole. This year we hadn’t been down that way so we bought one from M&S (still Woolley Hole).

^ I have to admit, 4 days in and the diet isn't going well:fail:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom