What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve been batch cooking today so have some choices

Looks like a chicken Karahi tonight with loads of sauce ready for the freezer

Also made a big beef /ale stew and a big batch of arrabbiata sauce which is great for a quick pasta dish

Pot of chicken, carrot, leek and rice soup too.

Some batch going on here today as well

SIL passed over the turkey carcase to us - it was full of (mainly) dark meat which he would have thrown away!!

Big pot of stock, some of which was reduced and frozen
White turkey meat submerged in stock and frozen
Pot of vegetable soup using pearl barley to thicken
Dark meat in a cheesy sauce (left over blue) flavoured with smoked paprika and loaded into tortilla wraps. Topped with a gratin of cheddar and panko breadcrumbs. Some to eat this week and some frozen

A "dry" coleslaw which I eat during the week with different dressings, tin of sardines etc.
Assorted fruit chopped up which I always have for weekday breakfast with some Greek yoghurt

Reactions: LTD
Total slumming it for tea tonight - and was scrummy!

2 cheapo breaded chicken burgers (we are talking 8 for £1!) on a toasted bun sandwiched with a slice of fake cheese topped with a hash brown. I had a sauce of Crucial garlic mayo with some Crucial sweet chilli and Sue had some gravy made with granules! Crispy Iceland crinkle chips on the side

Who has had a slummier meal? :)

Total slumming it for tea tonight - and was scrummy!

2 cheapo breaded chicken burgers (we are talking 8 for £1!) on a toasted bun sandwiched with a slice of fake cheese topped with a hash brown. I had a sauce of Crucial garlic mayo with some Crucial sweet chilli and Sue had some gravy made with granules! Crispy Iceland crinkle chips on the side

Who has had a slummier meal? :)
Sounds like a great meal. Except the gravy. That's wrong on so many many levels. :D

It's cheat week for us this week - tonight was the other half of the cottage pie Cora made on Friday, microwaved and served with steamed petit pois, tomorrow is herb chicken breast from the "reduced" rack at Tesco's Sunday, then Wednesday will be the leftover roast beef from Sunday, re-heated in gravy and served with mash and veg - so very little proper cooking until Thursday, when I may have to get my fish chef apron on (at a guess, sea bream)!

I am currently serving a ban on such delights for some unknown or justified reason.

Trying to infiltrate the next online delivery to include a frozen one.

better than nothing.....
Very unfair, and needs a full explanation from the speed limiter.

I did notice Iceland stock frozen doner kebab in a box. I held my nerve and passed by.

That’s all I can cook!!🤣🤣
If you can make the sauce you can expand to Lasagne!

Also, some good sausages, take the meat out, mix with a little smoked paprika, herbs etc, make into balls, cook add a tomato and herb sauce, cook some pasta penne and you have meat balls and paste.

Repertoire tripled! 👍👍👍👍😁

The cheat week continues - Tesco Finest lemon and herb chicken breast for 2, 25 mins oven at 170C plus 4 mins full power grill to crisp the crumb, also oven baked protobello mushroom with butter and garlic and halved sweet pointed pepper (turned skin side up ater 10 mins then out after 25 mins total), boiled new pots and steamed baby carrots, sugarsnaps and thin asparagus, washed down with (new to us) Tesco Finest Saint Mont, which is quite nice. Very little left on the plates after an enjoyable meal, there'll be nothing left in the glasses!!

Looks like back to proper cooking tomorrow, although there's still left over roast beef slices for herself to decide when we'll use, but probability tomorrow is fish night - or possibly sirloins!

Roast gammon with a Parsley sauce for us with roast beetroot from the garden.
Tender stem brocoli, baby carrots and creamed celariac.

Good to see another celeriac fan - it's not often available in our normal supermarket, but we have one ATM and 1/4 of it was part of the roast veg yesterday (with stuffed pork fillet). We've tried it creamed and with mashed potato, but wedged and roasted is our choice!

Waitrose have it in the freezer section although I prefer fresh 👍

It works well mashed and in fishcakes.

Shredded teriyaki beef with egg noodles, rainbow vegetables, and a side of stirfried spring onions with chilli flakes and soy sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom