What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
M&S best ever burgers, chips and a little Bushmills sauce
Home made burgers here. My young daughter is making them and she’s got a couple of tricks up her sleeve.

Homemade Shepherds pie with a cheddar and parmesan topping on the potatoes :)

Pan fried fillets of sea bass (it's fish night!) with a Schwartz lemon and dill sauce with a few raw king prawns added, boiled mini potatoes, steamed purple sprouting broccoli, sugas snaps and cauli florets, washed down with Lidl's Torrontes - excellent!!

Homemade Shepherds pie with a cheddar and parmesan topping on the potatoes :)
Must do a shepherds pie - always seem to end up making cottage pie! Next time, try mixing the cheeses with some Panko breadcrumbs. Gives a lovely texture on top

Mrs D’s wonderful lasagne for us tonight.

For a cottage pie, try a 50/50 mix of pork and veal mince instead of pork and beef, lightens it up a bit. On the odd occasion we visit the farm butcher where I can buy pink veal escalope I always end up, after trimming the slices, with bits that I mince, and this is how they get used!

Must do a shepherds pie - always seem to end up making cottage pie! Next time, try mixing the cheeses with some Panko breadcrumbs. Gives a lovely texture on top
That sounds like it would make it next level

Just had pan fried mackerel with Asian chilli sauce & rice (Jamie Oliver recipe)

For a cottage pie, try a 50/50 mix of pork and veal mince instead of pork and beef, lightens it up a bit. On the odd occasion we visit the farm butcher where I can buy pink veal escalope I always end up, after trimming the slices, with bits that I mince, and this is how they get used!
That's a good idea.

We use Rose Veal and Pork mince in a "Bolognase" sauce for Lasagne. Again it is lighter and, I think, tastes better. It is also more authentic

We use Panko breadcrumbs on Veal escalopes.

Beat out the Veal to an even thickness , trim then on one side cover in grated parmesan, season with pepper then carefully wrap with proscuitio.

Then dip in flour, beaten eggs and Panko crumbs.

Fry in Rapeseed oil and butter 👍👍👍

Waitrose usually have a good selection of English Rose Veal.

Kebab tonight
Dominoes tomorrow
Indian the day after that
Chinese Monday
Pallet load of chocolate inbetween
Barrels of full fat coke to wash it down !

Daughter 1 is going in on Tuesday for a particularly nasty brace, so no takeaways for the next 2 and half years !

So going to make the most of her freedom over this weekend :)

Waitrose peppered haddock fillet with buttered mashed potatoes.

Waitrose peppered haddock fillet with buttered mashed potatoes.
Have you tried the fresh Waitrose Beer battered cod and haddock fillets that are in a box?

Excellent flavoured batter and a good thick piece of fish 👌👌

Have you tried the fresh Waitrose Beer battered cod and haddock fillets that are in a box?

Excellent flavoured batter and a good thick piece of fish 👌👌
We have, and very nice too. The quality of fish from Waitrose is excellent.
The 25% discount is handy too as a partner of an employee:thumb:

Good old twice fried crinkle chips, tinned ham and fried eggs. With bread & butter of course. Washed down with a nice mug of tea (no sugar and just a dribble of milk please)

Good old twice fried crinkle chips, tinned ham and fried eggs. With bread & butter of course. Washed down with a nice mug of tea (no sugar and just a dribble of milk please)
We’ve got ham, fried eggs, oven chips, frozen peas, red sauce and English mustard this weekend.

We have a beautiful sweet cured ham which keeps giving me the eye every time I open the fridge...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom