What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Monkfish in butter and chive sauce :wallbash: If I had1 taken said fish out of freezer and 2 bought some feckin butter.
Have you tried slicing the monkfish tails into medallions, doing the same with queen scallops (think ahead so you have 1 more monkfish medallion than scallop medallion), into a baking dish with a sauce of your choice, along with chunks of sweet pepper, red onion and mushroom (chestnut better than white!)? Drizzle with olive oil, add some white wine to the sauce, bake at 175 fan for 30-40 mins.

Tonight we had what we now call an Ant.

Fajita Friday! Chicken, peppers, shredded lettuce, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, grated cheddar, jalapeños, etc.

Then for desert was chocolate and hazelnut icecream with some chocolate sauce. I could have been sat on Lake Garda.

Tonight we had what we now call an Ant.

Fajita Friday! Chicken, peppers, shredded lettuce, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, grated cheddar, jalapeños, etc.

Then for desert was chocolate and hazelnut icecream with some chocolate sauce. I could have been sat on Lake Garda.
Ditto Rob.
We’ve had Chicken Fajitas every Friday night for years now. We never get tired of it. garlic mushrooms were added into the mix a few months ago and are here to stay. And tonight I helped out by doing some hand cut chunky chips.

Afters was chocolate cakes with fresh whipped cream.

Ditto Rob.
We’ve had Chicken Fajitas every Friday night for years now. We never get tired of it. garlic mushrooms were added into the mix a few months ago and are here to stay. And tonight I helped out by doing some hand cut chunky chips.

Afters was chocolate cakes with fresh whipped cream.
I’ll make sure it’s a Friday when I’m north of the border 😀

Home made chilli con carne tonight. Recipe developed over many years. Tonight I found some small green & yellow chillies in the freezer which SWMBO grew last year. So for good measure chopped a couple of each & added to the mix.
Me & number 1 son enjoyed even though I had a bit of a sweat on.
SWMBO gave up after a few mouthfuls declaring it to be too hot😡

Well here something I/We had last night & I taught my youngest teen how to make it a few months ago .
"Son its your turn for dinner tonight and serve it with flat stone hearth bread"! .
Its a primer for when he goes over the pond to "zee auld country" , and has to prepare supper after the pub for some select female company !
'Know what I mean nudge nudge".
Dad gives advise & Gordan puts a Brit spin on a North African learned favorite, which was a great end to a Friday night session in the **** & Bottle in West Lancs .
A favorite with Pam ! Phoor
Long gone but not forgotten !
Try & enjoy
Tuercas Viejas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tried Papusa (an El Salvadorian street food) last night which are a stuffed corn tortilla made using Masa Harina (stuffed with my homemade pulled pork and a little cheese) Served with Mexican Rice and homemade refried beans, Quite different - but think next time I'd make a little thinner

Today some homemade dolmades for me (from the freezer) and mussels in a garlic sauce for Sue

Don't ALWAYS eat baked spuds or cottage pie! LOL

Not so much dinner but lunch, well Sunday dinner which is the only time I’ll call a mid day meal dinner.

Leg of lamb slow roasted with loads of veg, gravy and mint sauce.

Had boiled eggs n soldiers this morning. First time in ages. Bl00dy lovely they were too.

Home made KFC, thick cut chips and salad tonight. Not had it since Christmas so looking forward to that too. 😋

Last edited by a moderator:
Had boiled eggs n soldiers this morning. First time in ages. Bl00dy lovely they were too.

Home made KFC, thick cut chips and salad tonight. Not had it since Christmas so looking forward to that too. 😋
Boiled eggs are one of those meals I adore but rarely eat. There’s nothing better than a fresh egg cooked perfectly 👌🏻

A Chinese Takeaway to night as it's Mrs artyman's birthday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom