What is happening...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting thread.
Im a British Muslim and the first thing I'd like to say is that my thoughts are with Lee Rigby's family. Someone they loved was brutally murdered by 2 evil people.

Im going to apologise in advance - this might be a long post.

Ive said this before, todays extremists did not spring out of thin air. The people/goverments who funded, trained and supported them are as guilty as those that commit the atrocities. The best example I can give is Arabia - it only became Saudi Arabia after the Saud family were helped into power (I wonder who was responsible for that). That gave the Wahabis what they needed to spread their terror - money.

The most basic knowledge in Islam teaches us "to take the life of one human being is as grave as the killing of all of mankind." This is something that I have been brought up with and something that my children are taught. This video is quite long, but if you genuinely interested in an Islamic viewpoint, then please do take the time to watch it. The first few minutes are prayers in Arabic before the Imam starts talking in english.

A British Imam's Response to the Woolwich Killing - Shaykh Shams Ad Duha - YouTube

A few other things i'd like to get off my chest - members of my family have fought for this country. Muslims still do today. This is my home. If members of my family and religion are willing to, and have died for this country, then as far as I am concerned we have earned the right to live here.
In fact I'll even go as far as saying that there were of of people from the Indian subcontinent and East Africa that fought for this country for hundreds of years - Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus. They have all earned the right to be here.

There were a few comments about Islamic countries being full of violence. Strictly speaking, there isnt a single country that currently has an Islamic Caliphate so that argument doesnt stand. Iraq, Libya and even Pakistan to acertain extent were reasonably stable before the so called war on terror was started. More Pakistani civilians have been killed than all western countries - are the lives here in the West worth more than those there? Are they not human beings? You cannot brush murders off as collateral damage - these were people too - people with families. You think children orphaned by our foreign policies are going to grow up loving us? Were we as a country really targeted by these fanatics before Blair stuck his head up Bushs' a***?

Think of the anger and hurt we feel when one innocent person was brutally murdered and mulitiply that by thousands, if not hundreds of thousands. Until we stop invading and terrorising other countries, we cannot stop the ammunition used by the fanatics to brainwash people.

One last point for now - even during war, Muslims are not allowed to harm any civilians, women or children - in fact, we arent even allowed to damage the plants etc. You see people trying to quote the Quran to back their view that Islam promotes violence - each passage in the Quran covers a certain period or incidents. Taking them out of context gives the wrong impression - if anyone is genuinely interested, then please take the time to do some research properly.
These so called extremists do not represent my religion. And for those that say we should speak out against them, we do. But its animals like Anjem Choudhry that sell newspapers and its only animals like that that are given media coverage.

Last edited:
Were we as a country really targeted by these fanatics before Blair stuck his head up Bushs' a***?

Think of the anger and hurt we feel when one innocent person was brutally murdered and mulitiply that by thousands, if not hundreds of thousands. Until we stop invading and terrorising other countries, we cannot stop the ammunition used by the fanatics to brainwash people.

Bush, Blair, Cheney, whatever..... just the names of the "boogie man de jour"
Why do most only see global terrorism as solely a response to the US response to the 9/11/2001 attack on the WTC :dk:

April 30, 1980 Iranian Embassy siege, London.

June 1982 Abu Nidal kills Israeli Ambassador, London.

And of course the daily attacks by the IRA.

October 23, 1983..Marine barracks, Beirut. Hezbollah.

December 21 1988..PanAm 103/Lockerbie. Libya

January 25, 1993 the attack on CIA Headquarters in Langley VA by a Pakistani Muslim extremist.

February 26, 1993 the same cast of Al Qaeda characters bombed the WTC.

April 14, 1993..attempted assassination of former President George H.W. Bush in Kuwait. Iraq?

August 8, 1998 US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania bombed. Iran?

October 12, 2000..US Cole attacked. Iran?

Major and Clinton and George H.W. Bush and Brown, even Reagan were at the helm...
Easy to revise history to give a reason for terrorism but it didn't start with Blair and Bush....
Just zealots still living with an eleventh century mindset hiding under the guise of religion and fighting cowardly assymetrical warfare...

Last edited:
Just read on Yahoo news that the 2 persons involved in this have both plead not guilty.

Am I missing something?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom