What is illegal parking regarding foot paths and driveways.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats the problem you try to resolve it nicely but you get treated like dirt , then it starts to get on your nerves to the point it would effect your sleep
forgive me I have even thought about setting all my bins out up the foot path but have been told it’s illegal to leave a bin on a public footpath when it’s empty.
so if its illegal to leave an empty bin on the footpath, how many times a day do the refuse collectors break the law by not putting the bin back on the householders property??

so if its illegal to leave an empty bin on the footpath, how many times a day do the refuse collectors break the law by not putting the bin back on the householders property??
Probably never, because, where the legislation is in place, it's illegal for the homeowner to leave the bin out, not the bin men.

Pete

While this a favorite gripe of mine its not the council who are parking thoughtlessly on the pavement-its your neighbours!

Obstruction talk to the police tell them there is an accident waiting to happen ..But knowing the police they wont do anything today,, untill there is an accident ..We have the same thing where i live .Well till the accident happened nothing was done .The street joins another more like a T junction .With cars parking on both sides left and right .Its virtualy impossible to drive out and see traffic coming from the left or right till your in the centre of the road .It was reported a number of times . As usual nothing done . Then a chap on a motorbike got smashed up he was on the main drag when a woman came out of our street .She could not see if it was safe to carry on for parked cars and vans , and she hit the motorbike head on. .Job done now,, yellow lines,and no parking from now on . Chap on the motorbike got away with broken leg .

An invitation for a vindictive mum with buggy or a mobility scooter user to intentionally scratch or even key such cars as they attempt to to squeeze past. Hard luck for the owners if they are precious about their cars otherwise so what?

An invitation for a vindictive mum with buggy or a mobility scooter user to intentionally scratch or even key such cars as they attempt to to squeeze past. Hard luck for the owners if they are precious about their cars otherwise so what?
Hi , not really ! But I do understand where you are coming from.

It is against the law to park on the pavment And also it is illegal to repair cars on the road even outside your own home . And a fine on the spot for throwing out a cigarette but .
Agree but getting the law to enforce it is a different matter.

Agree but getting the law to enforce it is a different matter.
Some, I'm presuming students, just round the corner from us had a car on the road, with a bit of oil on the drive and an oil slick on the road. plus empty engine oil bottles scattered on the road around the front of the car. My working assumption being that they moved it on to the road because they might lose deposit for getting the drive wrecked. Reported it to the Country Council responsible for roads twice, several months later at the end of term (a few weeks ago) the car eventually left with the tennants. No one really gives a flying, it's pretty common.

Hi , not really ! But I do understand where you are coming from.
You want to live where I do the place is heaving with the elderly using mobile scooters, sometime on the darn road & God forbid should you give them a discreet beep on your horn as you pass. Their immobility is suddenly lost as they vigorously give you the bird or two fingers. And believe me they expect priority on the pavement & in shops too so no chance if your parked car is in their way.

It still depends on the council rules. At my house in London the pavements are marked to allow half road/half pavement parking. Here in Essex there are no parking lines anywhere and some people are arrogant enough to feel they can use the whole pavement.

I have never seen a ticket for bad parking at either location.
1631106699605.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom