What is it about 330/335d Drivers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last edited:
Same here....countless times i have had the 330D / 335D brigade hung on the bumper and usually dispatch them without a issue.......However, a few weeks back I had a 435d which are now 4x4 and this must have been mapped as it took me a while to pull away (albeit the traction light was on most the time for me).....and I bet he still got 30mpg to my 6mpg due to being WOT LOL.....still got the thumbs up and the comment that thing sounds mental when we pulled up at the roundabout.

I ran a 335d back in 2007/8. It was remapped to 365bhp and 570lb/ft (normal remap is around 350bhp and 520lb/ft) and produced the following figures;

1/4 mile - 13.2 sec @ 108mph (Santa Pod - mine was quickest, most did 13.5 up)
VMax at Brunters - 167mph (on a par with E90 M3's / RS4's of the day)
0-60 - 5.3secs (tested by BMW Performance Car Mag)
0-100 - 11.9secs (tested by BMW Performance Car Mag)

Not a match for most modern AMG's and certainly not the biturbos, but still cracking mid range punch from over 500lb/ft and can certainly catch higher powered cars napping....

I enjoyed mine and it ran a very strong Evolve remap.

Jules

If you used to run drag radials I watched you run a few times at POD, the times, was a real eye opener as it's very close to stock C63 NASP times>

Can't say I've noticed it from 335/330 drivers too much although some div in a 320 D was somewhat annoying at the weekend.

Was in lane three of the M25 (three lane section) and she was overtaking at about 65mph, I waited behind her until there was a big gap to her left which she pulled into extremely slowly. As I went to pass her she put her foot down! She'd be sauntering along at under the speed limit.

I was in the E320 so it pulled away happily but couldn't work out the issue other than not wanting to be overtaken! What is people's problems with that. Also, I do not tailgate as I hate it myself let alone the safety aspect. Very odd.

I do think sometimes there is an attitude from people in a brand they deem prestigious that their car is superior in every way so people should consider them a bit special. "move peasant". Essentially many are driving an average car with a posh badge though haha.

If you used to run drag radials I watched you run a few times at POD, the times, was a real eye opener as it's very close to stock C63 NASP times>

No that wasn't me, I ran standard tyres. But at that time there was another guy who did run slicks trying to break 13 seconds. Think he was quite a character on the E90Post and PH forums.....

Jules

Alex225 said:
. Essentially many are driving an average car with a posh badge though haha.

This!

1 series, a1, a3 and a class drivers of the povo spec that think they're big time. Just cringe worthy.

This!

1 series, a1, a3 and a class drivers of the povo spec that think they're big time. Just cringe worthy.

Yeah gotta laugh at those A-class drivers especially if its a "classic" spec :D

These will be next

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/all-hail-quad-turbo-bmw-m550d-xdrive

p90255119_highres_the-new-bmw-m550d-xd.jpg

This! 1 series, a1, a3 and a class drivers of the povo spec that think they're big time. Just cringe worthy.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely a car snob (my Mrs would argue that). But there is an element of car owners in the likes of a BMW/Audi/Merc who will assume that by default their car is superior because it's got a 'superior' badge.

Don't get me wrong you don't have to buy the AMG or equivalent to have an awesome car. But you can't assume your BMW 116 is the best thing car in the world purely because it's a BMW! :wallbash:

Seems BMW have installed their info system screen on top of the dash as have Audi but this seems strange considering the stick MB got when they did it in the C Class!! Or have I missed something?

Can't say I've noticed it from 335/330 drivers too much although some div in a 320 D was somewhat annoying at the weekend.

Was in lane three of the M25 (three lane section) and she was overtaking at about 65mph, I waited behind her until there was a big gap to her left which she pulled into extremely slowly. As I went to pass her she put her foot down! She'd be sauntering along at under the speed limit.

I was in the E320 so it pulled away happily but couldn't work out the issue other than not wanting to be overtaken! What is people's problems with that. Also, I do not tailgate as I hate it myself let alone the safety aspect. Very odd.

I do think sometimes there is an attitude from people in a brand they deem prestigious that their car is superior in every way so people should consider them a bit special. "move peasant". Essentially many are driving an average car with a posh badge though haha.

Sometimes I think it is phones and although hands free, peoples attention can sometimes shift from the job in hand and they automatically slow down a bit.

Strictly speaking its the wifes, I have early e55k, But i'm getting attached to this little a140 haha

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...:D

merc85 said:
Yeah gotta laugh at those A-class drivers especially if its a "classic" spec :D

Indeed, peasants

Nah I'm only kidding, my sister had one a few years ago (a170 cdi classic) it was her first car. We all thought it was a fantastic little car!

Massive amounts of cabin space!

Alex225 said:
I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely a car snob (my Mrs would argue that). But there is an element of car owners in the likes of a BMW/Audi/Merc who will assume that by default their car is superior because it's got a 'superior' badge. Don't get me wrong you don't have to buy the AMG or equivalent to have an awesome car. But you can't assume your BMW 116 is the best thing car in the world purely because it's a BMW! :wallbash:

Same, I'll drive anything! It's like you say, when people think they are above others just because they buy in an entry level premium brand, it's just a bit daft and cringe for me. Especially when they tell me I have an amg and I see it and it's a c200 amg kitted.

Same, I'll drive anything! It's like you say, when people think they are above others just because they buy in an entry level premium brand, it's just a bit daft and cringe for me. Especially when they tell me I have an amg and I see it and it's a c200 amg kitted.

That'll be my new neighbours.
They have a 66 plate BMW 118i and a Merc A class (same year), both pretty average run of the mill cars, but the way they saunter about you'd think they owned the estate.

I had a Mk3 Focus RS before (and before he got there an E92 M3 and before that an Impreza and a 2.0 Fiesta ST lol) and the bloke properly looked down his nose at me, just don't get it, some people really do need to get out more.

I'm part of the 335d owners club on Facebook (was considering buying one as a second car). Really good bunch of chaps, but they do like to test the water against a lot of cars - suppose it's good to see that your boring derv can beat sports cars etc.

Mapped and DPF removal you're looking at 340hp/700nm in around 1600kg isn't bad going at all. That being said, they look like a 1.2 Corsa against a mapped E63 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom