What is it like to be SERIOUSLY wealthy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let's be honest, who on here can wholeheartedly hold their hand up and say there is nothing they have done in their life that they wouldn't share with their parents?

I know I have a LOT of things I wouldn't want try folks to know 🤣

Let's be honest, who on here can wholeheartedly hold their hand up and say there is nothing they have done in their life that they wouldn't share with their parents?

I know I have a LOT of things I wouldn't want try folks to know 🤣
Top man. đź‘Ť

Is love completely blind though? In my late teens I “fell in love” with a gorgeous girl who was even the GPO personality girl of the year at the time. All my mates were dark green with envy. But then she tried to persuade me to try drugs - I dropped her faster than a microphone.
If she was such a catch why didn’t you persuade her to ditch the drugs or she’d lose you.

This thread has moved from money to parenting. Siblings ? two brothers bought up the same in a loving environment, one joins the army on a whim and eventually becomes a Special Forces trained killer who has killed other human beings at very very close quarters for Queen and country. The other brother becomes a landscape gardener.

I think it is down to personal choices. When kids are small you control 100% of everything they eat and learn, as they age that control is slowly taken away from you whether you like it or not (school, access to pocket money to buy sweets/drinks etc..) If you have laid the best foundations you possibly can when they are young, you have done your job as a parent.

Watch this film to see if 'Nature or Nurture' defines how sibling grow up. It is very odd, almost an unsanctioned social experiment . At the end of the documentary I was left wondering how many more cases were there? I saw it when it first came out in the USA and can not remember if there was any real explanation to the whole episode of this 'experiment' , creepy.

You appear to be contradicting yourself.

My dad smoked but my brother and sister didn’t. I did.

Brother and sister both did drugs at uni. I didn’t touch drugs.

Parental guidance?? No.
I never said that the guidance from my parents was the best. We were all treated/guided/advised differently but all with similar moral perspectives. Those moral perspectives we’ve shared throughout our lives, and so have all our offspring. Drug taking, smoking, drinking, etc don’t make you a bad person per se, letting them control your lives is the problem.

If she was such a catch why didn’t you persuade her to ditch the drugs or she’d lose you.
Do you want to know my mother’s maiden name too? So many questions!

I regret not being strong enough at 18 to have persuaded her to try coming off drugs. Losing me wouldn’t have been much of an incentive! The drugs got the better of her in the end. You have no idea how much that hurt me, but you may have now cottoned on to why I despise them so much.

Going back to the original question this thread poses i often wonder what the mindset is of the super wealthy who purchase cars from the likes of Mansory.

What is going through their heads, other than "look at me", when they spaff hundreds of thousands on carbon tat.

mansorycom-corneum.jpg

Maynard Keynes wrote a essay in the 1930's musing that society would soon be so rich that people would only work a fifteen hour week. "The Economic Possibilities for our Grandchildren"
http://www.econ.yale.edu/smith/econ116a/keynes1.pdf

He was wrong, of course, because we keep on wanting more stuff and we "need" activity and purpose to shape our lives.

As for this thing about good parenting, look at brothers and sisters to see that it's not just about the family unit. Mr & Mrs Gates had one mentally challenged son, and one normal daughter. Same parents and parenting but two very different outcomes.

Pixar are looking at these issue with their new movie called "Soul," which looks at what creates our "Soul." (Religious Wars have been fought for less)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Going back to the original question this thread poses i often wonder what the mindset is of the super wealthy who purchase cars from the likes of Mansory.

What is going through their heads, other than "look at me", when they spaff hundreds of thousands on carbon tat.

View attachment 106882
Maybe some wish to be looked at, but I suspect that for others it’s just the ability to have something different and unique.

Unfortunately it’s very difficult to commission a coach built new car these days, Mansory and the like get close.

It’s a taste thing. Taste has no right or wrong.

I never said that the guidance from my parents was the best. We were all treated/guided/advised differently but all with similar moral perspectives. Those moral perspectives we’ve shared throughout our lives, and so have all our offspring. Drug taking, smoking, drinking, etc don’t make you a bad person per se, letting them control your lives is the problem.

Do you want to know my mother’s maiden name too? So many questions!
I regret not being strong enough at 18 to have persuaded her to try coming off drugs. Losing me wouldn’t have been much of an incentive! The drugs got the better of her in the end. You have no idea how much that hurt me, but you may have now cottoned on to why I despise them so much.
Not interested in your mums maiden name but you brought up the subject of your mates going green with envy when you dated Miss World or whatever she was.

As to the drugs thing, no I hadn’t cottoned on because you haven’t really made a point of it apart from your ex bird preferring to do a bit of gear rather than going out with you. A fact that I do find rather amusing if I was to be honest.

View attachment 106882
I kind of like that, especially in that colour. đź‘Ź

I kind of like that, especially in that colour. đź‘Ź
Bare carbon tastic by the look of it. To my eyes looks like the front end of a drift modified RX7. I wonder if Mansory can supply carbon zip ties to complete the look.

Going a Little more lighthearted this is a great family film which involves the psychology of parenting, especially during the teenage years. We loved it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe some wish to be looked at, but I suspect that for others it’s just the ability to have something different and unique.

Unfortunately it’s very difficult to commission a coach built new car these days, Mansory and the like get close.

It’s a taste thing. Taste has no right or wrong.
Each to their own. As far as taste goes "less is more" is the way to go imho. Sadly Mansory seem to only do "more is more".

Personally i always used to like the "Euro Look" style of modified cars. De cluttering, always very impressive to see in an engine bay.

Last edited:
Each to their own. As far as taste goes "less is more" is the way to go imho. Sadly Mansory seem to only do "more is more".
When I was in my twenties I wanted to be looked at and so I would’ve bought a Mansory something or other. Now that I older and supposedly wiser I’m the opposite.

.......... but we are all completely different and any of us could’ve quite easily taken the wrong path, something that me and my brother very nearly did.
Thanks! Your last sentence above nicely sums up the point I was making. You and you brother ended up on a different path than you could have because???

Thanks! Your last sentence above nicely sums up the point I was making. You and you brother ended up on a different path than you could have because???
Because of what we wanted and didn’t want.

It had nothing to do with our parents influence, in fact, using drugs as a reference my parents didn’t even talk about the subject. I think it was because of watching Kristiana F at the movies. Our life was idyllic and although my mum had me when she was 21 she was very naive.

Me and my brother learnt from our surroundings. Scouts, school, college, peers, my dads cricket and golfing pals, his pipe fitters and welders were enormous influences on our lives and are where we picked up our life skills.

The first rental flat I bought was on advice from an old Irish steel erector working at Tobacco Dock. My first world travel experience was from hearing tales of debauchery from older lads in the pub.

Manners (🤣) from family and the rest is history.

Last edited:
Just a observation. At our School, all the ADHD kids parents drive brand new Range Rovers. Not a single one of the 20 plus kids comes from the former council estate. They are all rich kids or rich pikey kids ! Strange that ? Or not possibly ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom