What is it like to be SERIOUSLY wealthy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
@Bobby Dazzler post about having £1 million to buy cars made me think

What must it be like to be seriously wealthy? To have so much money that it does not have any real meaning? I don't expect anybody on here to "out" themselves, but suspect one or two members may have friends who fall into that category. What motivates them, makes them get up in the morning?

For the record. I have no desire to be wealthy. Bit more money would be great, but I am very happy with my life

Wealth doesn’t have to always be money , I would describe it as having enough to cover what you want to do . Past that point, time to do what you want is wealth .
People that are always fighting for more and more are probably not naturally happy because they are never satisfied .

I've often wondered the same. I find it hard to comprehend how people with so much money motivate themselves to keep peddling. We adore Christmas, I hate to say it but the excitement gets hard to achieve day after day. I think I/we need the hard parts of live (i.e. Work) to fully get the most of and appreciate the good things. (i.e. The Friday feeling/holidays/family time)

I guess I've answered my own question. Those that can give up work who do nothing would soon get bored by chasing excitement and the next fix. Maybe much easier achieved if you have a keen interest/hobby or a passion for traveling the world?

I've like to think if I was lucky enough to not have to work to pay the bills then I'd do some kind of voluntary/charity work (as I assume many do) as there's always someone or something that appreciates a helping hand.

Leave me alone , I am trying to return the solid gold diamond encrusted cage I bought off Ebay for my two white Siberian tigers ,(Donald & Vladimir) it's not good enough for them, but my Wi-Fi keeps dropping out on my island in the Caribbean .

Now where is my IT guy ? I am going to kill him.....and bury him with the others.

Note to self: Must buy a bigger island, running out of secret burial plots.

I know someone whose "float" in his current account is £4m.

very unassuming understated chap.

only found out as I was chatting to him about investing spare cash 😂

@Bobby Dazzler post about having £1 million to buy cars made me think

What must it be like to be seriously wealthy? To have so much money that it does not have any real meaning? I don't expect anybody on here to "out" themselves, but suspect one or two members may have friends who fall into that category. What motivates them, makes them get up in the morning?

For the record. I have no desire to be wealthy. Bit more money would be great, but I am very happy with my life
Strangely enough my wife and i were discussing this the other day. I was thinking that if you were so wealthy you could do anything you wanted - buy anything, live anywhere etc would you feel constantly stressed that every second of every day should not be wasted, given we all have a finite time? So could you just sit down and watch telly (or come on here!) for an hour without thinking that hour could be spent doing something more meaningful? I imagine it might depend on how you became to be so wealthy - whether self-made, inherited etc.

Leave me alone , I am trying to return the solid gold diamond encrusted cage I bought off Ebay for my two white Siberian tigers (Donald & Vladimir) but my WiFi keeps dropping out on my island in the Caribbean .

Now where is my IT guy ? I am going to kill him.....and bury him with the others.

Note to self: Must buy a bigger island, running out of secret burial plots.
Where's the double 'Like' button. 👏😁

Petrol Pete let his mask slip

The seriously wealthy have an alternative site to eBay

I know a few .

Ones remapped a MY19 63S twice paying silly money and my warning of warranty void and will be overwritten upon a service ecu update .

More money than....

I heard that if Bill Gates drop $20,000 on the floor, its not worth his time to pick it back up, as he would have made more in the lost time retrieving it.

The wealthiest people I know are just like the rest of us, and enjoy all the same things we do. They enjoy working hard, they enjoy family time, they’re kind and generous - with time and not just money.

Regarding motivation, I think that’s simple. Beyond survival, motivation is about being the best person we can be, and that doesn’t change regardless of how much money or “stuff” we have.

The wealthiest guy I know hasn’t changed a bit since I grew up with him. He could chat on here and you would know that he’s relatively fortunate but you would never guess just how fortunate.

Even people who know him well would be left with the same impression, and that’s because he manages what people see or know, because whilst he hasn’t changed, the feelings of other do.

A few years ago I lost touch with him for a little while - life got in the way - but when I found him again he was just the same as he always was, and that’s because he is the same as he always was.

He has stopped working in the traditional sense now, but still keeps himself busy doing a few things. The rest of his time he fills with his hobbies, and more specifically his children’s hobbies.

Which is just like the rest of us, if we’re not working we do things we enjoy, and spend time with the ones we love. We do whatever we can to help our children to have the best time possible.

When I started work I did most of things I do today, but now everything is a little bit more: holidays are longer, meals are in different restaurants, cars are more expensive, more generous to others, etc.

Being very wealthy is just the same as that really, but everything is a little bit more again.

Last edited:
We’ve met some seriously wealthy people in Skiathos over the years and they’ve been a mixture of nice and not very nice.

Most of them will have a super yacht waiting for them in the harbour to which they’ll fly to it with their helicopter or to the airport on their jet. One yacht had 3 Luton sized vans with French plates off-loading all sorts of goodies!!

One chap that I’ve met several times over the years is the ex Qatari prime minister. We know him through one of the ski schools on the beach near where he moors his yacht Al Mirqab.

I know several people who hit the jackpot and became very well off indeed when they sold the company I used to work for.

One of the people involved, who I’d known since she was 13, got cancer a couple of years later and died not too long afterwards, aged 50. You can have all the money in the world, but there are no pockets in a shroud.

Gaz

My uncle was a multimillionaire but put all, and I mean all, his wealth into the animal charities he founded. He even cashed in his pension funds to pay for things for the animals!

I know several people who hit the jackpot and became very well off indeed when they sold the company I used to work for.

One of the people involved, who I’d known since she was 13, got cancer a couple of years later and died not too long afterwards, aged 50. You can have all the money in the world, but there are no pockets in a shroud.

Gaz
Like Steve Jobs. All that money and recognition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom