What is it like to be SERIOUSLY wealthy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Funny how many people say that they don't want to be really wealthy.

If I plopped £100m if front of them, I'm pretty sure there would not be comments like "no thanks, I'm healthy", "no thanks, we have enough", "no thanks, it won't really make me happy", "what would I do with it, I'm happy watching TV"................etc

I smell bull poo.;)

If I plopped £100m if front of them, I'm pretty sure there would not be comments like "no thanks, I'm healthy", "no thanks, we have enough", "no thanks, it won't really make me happy", "what would I do with it, I'm happy watching TV"................etc

I smell bull poo.;)

Nope, I'd take it.

And then distribute it to family, friends and charities, keeping a couple of million for the rainy days.

I smell bull poo.;)

Sorry, but I think it's a curse, from what I've seen.

Not so me, but certainly for my kids. Hang out around a few Family Offices and you'll see an endless stream of kids mucked up by too much money. A handful of million is useful, but the path to drugs, booze, family squabbles and early death is well documented.

_68867250_001806169.jpg

Mel Smith dies of heart attack aged 60

Just realised how wealthy is am ! I went to the doctors on Tuesday morning as I had been getting more and more breathless for a few weeks but felt terrible Christmas Day. Discovered my heart was running at 30 beats per minute. 2 hours later was in A&E at the Heath Hospital in Cardiff . Spent 48 hours in the Cardiac Unit ( I was the healthy one out of all the patients, thought I was really lucky )
Yesterday was discharged with a Pacemaker fitted and told the only problem with my heart had been the electrics and after 6 weeks being careful with my left arm ( lifting etc ) I would be 100%.
Cardio is now perfect and I can do normal exercise without any problems but need to advise DVLA re driving, a 7 day ban then will be ok to drive ( will leave it two ).
The only real wealth is health 😎

Just realised how wealthy is am ! I went to the doctors on Tuesday morning as I had been getting more and more breathless for a few weeks but felt terrible Christmas Day. Discovered my heart was running at 30 beats per minute. 2 hours later was in A&E at the Heath Hospital in Cardiff . Spent 48 hours in the Cardiac Unit ( I was the healthy one out of all the patients, thought I was really lucky )
Yesterday was discharged with a Pacemaker fitted and told the only problem with my heart had been the electrics and after 6 weeks being careful with my left arm ( lifting etc ) I would be 100%.
Cardio is now perfect and I can do normal exercise without any problems but need to advise DVLA re driving, a 7 day ban then will be ok to drive ( will leave it two ).
Health, happiness and loved ones to share time with are all that really matters.

Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell, and very happy to hear that you’re bouncing back 👍🏻

Sorry to hear. Rest up. The house renovation ain’t going anywhere. 👍

@Smart320, hope all goes well. Not good to be ill at any time especially at this time of year and with all that is going on. Wishing you the very best.

Back on topic, one thing that really concerns me if I became super rich is all the begging letters.
Should I still keep sending them?

Take care, "Pace" yourself and resist the impatience to exercise too quickly.

Best wishes.

Wealth brings it's problems that I wouldn't want. I don't know anyone seriously wealthy but I do know people wealthy enough to feel they have to live with the siege mentality of electric gates and cameras. That's not something I could put up with.

A few hundred yards from me are an assortment of premiership footballers in their £3 million pound houses and besides the gates, high walls and perimeter cameras, these people even feel to need to have a safe room built into the house in case of being attacked by burglars. Money obviously doesn't bring peace of mind. An interesting contrast on the same private road lives an 70's pop star in a vastly more modest house with modest cars and no obvious security at all. Nothing at all to advertise that he reportedly earns half a million every year from Christmas song royalties alone. He's not often seen but he was out cutting his own hedge when I walked past one day back in the first lockdown. That's more my kind of existence.

Wealth brings it's problems that I wouldn't want. I don't know anyone seriously wealthy but I do know people wealthy enough to feel they have to live with the siege mentality of electric gates and cameras. That's not something I could put up with.

A few hundred yards from me are an assortment of premiership footballers in their £3 million pound houses and besides the gates, high walls and perimeter cameras, these people even feel to need to have a safe room built into the house in case of being attacked by burglars. Money obviously doesn't bring peace of mind. An interesting contrast on the same private road lives an 70's pop star in a vastly more modest house with modest cars and no obvious security at all. Nothing at all to advertise that he reportedly earns half a million every year from Christmas song royalties alone. He's not often seen but he was out cutting his own hedge when I walked past one day back in the first lockdown. That's more my kind of existence.
I had electric gates, alarms & CCTV installed after having had several burglaries and a confrontation/tussle with intruders in my home. Yes, it might be a siege mentality or maybe paranoia but not because of feeling wealthy. Sometimes you have to protect your family.

And yet so many wish to show how well they have done by listing all the flash cars they have owned ...... ;) :)

There are many well adjusted wealthy families out there and if the kids end up on drugs etc (IMO) that is down to poor parenting not money.

Again, what's the definition of wealthy?

£10 million, £100 million, a billion, or.... genuinely wealthy.

Again, what's the definition of wealthy?

£10 million, £100 million, a billion, or.... genuinely wealthy.
I think £100m+ makes you seriously wealthy and allows you to live an extraordinary life in perpetuity.

£10M could be gone pretty quickly if you were not careful

And yet so many wish to show how well they have done by listing all the flash cars they have owned ...... ;) :)

There are many well adjusted wealthy families out there and if the kids end up on drugs etc (IMO) that is down to poor parenting not money.
I completely disagree with that short sighted statement! Ever heard of the saying “you can lead a horse to water, but cannot make it drink”
Its the same with kids what are you meant to do chain them to a radiator or lock them in the basement, no they are their own person and they will do whatever they want no matter how much you train them, sorry if this offends its not my intent but its the facts!

I completely disagree with that short sighted statement! Ever heard of the saying “you can lead a horse to water, but cannot make it drink”
Its the same with kids what are you meant to do chain them to a radiator or lock them in the basement, no they are their own person and they will do whatever they want no matter how much you train them, sorry if this offends its not my intent but its the facts!
Totally agree. I know a fair few really decent parents who have given their kids all the love, guidance and attention in the world but their children have simply fallen in with the wrong crowd and/or been led down a dark path.

Good parenting can only go so far, the rest is down you luck, judgement and circumstance.

No.

If you have raised them (or' train' as you put it) with the correct values, they will make the right decisions and grow up to be useful human beings.

If kids grow up to be bad adults, it is down to poor parenting - no excuses (unless they are born with mental issues).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom