What is it with the 3 pointed star??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Years ago my Dad had Jaguar's Xk120's, e types, S types and Mk10's

Then he bought a w116 in Milan Brown and never looked back:rock:

Ive had alot of Mb's since, then went to Volvo's and for years 5 in fact id forgotten all about Mercedes.

Until last year and when i stepped into my s211 it was like a old friend, seeing that 3 pointed star at the end of the bonnet again was unreal it just made me smile all the way home after picking the car up.

My friend who is a die hard Volvo nut who i was giving a lift to view a car he was looking at even commented on the 3 pointed star on the end of my E's bonnet saying it somehow makes you feel your driving something speical??

What is it with the star? or am i just mad lol:crazy:

I wouldn't know about the star, I haven't got one :p

And you are mad, I've seen how clean the engine bay is :D

Hum i thought id miss the star on the bonnet too, until i had a 500sec and tbh i didnt but the car still had that feeling......

And my god when you looked at it from outside and saw the large one in the grille.:rock:

It hasnt got to be any particular model, could be a C-class, or 190e or a S class, New or old it doesnt matter lol :crazy:

What is it with the star? or am i just mad lol:crazy:

You think you got problems

IMG_0105_zps65ae687e.jpg

Alas, they are slowly disappearing.... :(

Always look after your mascot !

Attachments

• jaguar-sweater.jpg
    jaguar-sweater.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 36
Alas, they are slowly disappearing.... :(

Only in the UK though... Last week I went to MB Niederlassung in Stuttgart and took a couple of pictures of a "proper" C Class, with the classic grille and the 3 pointed star on the bonnet.

Attachments

• 20150508_133416.jpg
    20150508_133416.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20150508_135500.jpg
    20150508_135500.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 28
I have to admit, that i am a Jaguar man... I have had 9 Jaguar XJ's over the years.

But there is something about an (old) Mercedes that is equally special, maybe not quite so charming, but definitely special. I have owned 4x Carat Duchatelet W124's (including a coupe) and bought my wife an AMG kitted (sport) W208 CLK - which she loved. And i currently have a W140 here in Australia.

I hate 'Leapers' on the bonnet of a Jaguar.... But i love the 'Gun-site' on the bonnet of a Mercedes.

To take this on a bit of a tangent - What would be your favorite Mercedes Benz Era?

For example - If i won the lottery today, I'm not sure there is anything that Mercedes produce, that i would buy (maybe a SL500 - Not an AMG SL63)....

If i was wealthy enough (and old enough) in early 1989 i would have a driveway full of them..... Imagine, a new 190e 2.5-16 for the wife. An R107 500SL for the summer months, A 560SEC (just because) and a monster C124 AMG Hammer in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom