What is it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rosie5golf

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes e320 avant-garde estate
I've just been in the glove box of my e320 and spied what looks like a headphone socket. Is that's what it is and if so, silly question, how do I use it.
I didn't want to plug headphones in, in case it's for something different.

It’s AUX input socket for connecting your phone/tablet. Basically it’s for playing music from your devices.

Having read this thread, I decided to have another look inside the glove-box today. Now, I've been in there many a time and not seen anything, but lo-and-behold, today, eureka! I've found it! The legendary g-spot, opps, I mean Aux input for the audio system! I've had the car for over 3 years, about 3.5 years, and never knew it was there. What's next on the discovering list? Lord Lucan hiding in coin bin? :D

Back to the Aux socket, would I be right in thinking I just connect a cable from my phone, via the headphone socket into the Aux, via a 3.5mm jack?

Having read this thread, I decided to have another look inside the glove-box today. Now, I've been in there many a time and not seen anything, but lo-and-behold, today, eureka! I've found it! The legendary g-spot, opps, I mean Aux input for the audio system! I've had the car for over 3 years, about 3.5 years, and never knew it was there. What's next on the discovering list? Lord Lucan hiding in coin bin? :D

There's a coin bin?! :eek:

I had one in my W204, but the sound was Pi$$ poor.

Back to the Aux socket, would I be right in thinking I just connect a cable from my phone, via the headphone socket into the Aux, via a 3.5mm jack?
Your thinking is right :thumb:

Does anyone know if the W205 has one? I know about the sockets in the centre armrest:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom