What is it.....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbCambridge

Car
E430 Estate
A while ago I found a heavy-duty L-shaped alloy "thing" on the floor of the rear passenger area. The only clue is that it has "C. I." heavily engraved on it, and two small prongs (see photos). Thinking I would just slot it back I attempted and failed..over a month ago. I have to admit I have no idea what it is for. Possibilities include the rear seat locking mechanism when folded flat, the dog-catcher mesh and so on...but nothing seems to need this bracket. Because it is heavy duty I am loath to throw it away.
So, please have a look at the attached photos and if anyone can identify it there is a reward...I can provide the address of a garage that replaced a rusted-through panel on my car, resealed and painted it ..all for £120 (vs £500 from a local dealer).

Attachments

• P1030270.JPG
    P1030270.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • P1030273.JPG
    P1030273.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • P1030274.JPG
    P1030274.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • P1030269.JPG
    P1030269.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • P1030272.JPG
    P1030272.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Looks very similar to the corner connector used in racking systems to create supports for shelves?

Looks very similar to the corner connector used in racking systems to create supports for shelves?
Hi,
Now that is a possibility. But we have no such substantial shelves. That is a very chunky piece of metal and its colour exactly matches the MB alloys! Still, I shall have to reconsider all the stuff we took to Oxfam a while back. Thanks for the suggestion. (PS, if you like Aurthery C. Clarke's stuff, may I suggest his story The City and the Stars...but better is A Canticle for Leibowitz (by Walter Miller Jr). Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom