What is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony7Bear

Car
C220d Sport Premium Plus
While fitting a rear-view dash cam I noticed a black plastic fitting (which is about 4 or 5 inches long) in the roof of the interior above the rear seat headrests in my 2018 model C220, it's not something that I've taken any notice of before. I've tried to find out what it is or what it does but haven't found anything, could someone enlighten me please?

This is the part that I'm referring to, I'm hoping that the camera being there won't be impeding its function but as I don't know what its function is then I can't be sure!

Edit* I've just had a thought, isn't it some sort of distance indicator related to reversing?
Edit 2* And I've now realised that is what whitenemesis meant in his reply, silly me! Thank you 😊

Attachments

• IMG_0651HQ.jpg
    IMG_0651HQ.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
This is the part that I'm referring to, I'm hoping that the camera being there won't be impeding its function but as I don't know what its function is then I can't be sure!

Edit* I've just had a thought, isn't it some sort of distance indicator related to reversing?
Edit 2* And I've now realised that is what whitenemesis meant in his reply, silly me! Thank you 😊
That looks like a Nextbase rear cam you have fitted. How are you getting on with it, I have had no end of trouble with my 622 it eats data cards for fun, freezes, misses whole chunks of recordings and often refuses to shut down at the end of a journey and gets very hot.

Update....................The internal battery has now failed, fortunately still under warranty so back to Halfords for the third time..... :wallbash: Just going to trade up to Blackvue 750X and sod the cost. It will leave me stuck with a hard wire kit and a rear view cam :doh: Ebay moment coming up.

While fitting a rear-view dash cam I noticed a black plastic fitting (which is about 4 or 5 inches long) in the roof of the interior above the rear seat headrests in my 2018 model C220, it's not something that I've taken any notice of before. I've tried to find out what it is or what it does but haven't found anything, could someone enlighten me please?
Not trying to be funny, how long have you had the car, and have you never noticed the indication bars when reversing, and seeing it through the rear view mirrors, my apologies if you have just recently purchased the car.

Not trying to be funny, how long have you had the car, and have you never noticed the indication bars when reversing, and seeing it through the rear view mirrors, my apologies if you have just recently purchased the car.
Hi Benz 17' , you are assuming the indicator bar works.

Since cars have reverse cameras, very few people actually use the rear view mirror when reversing (which is obviously wrong, as the reminder on the camera screen will tell you, but it is just how it is). It's therefore quite possible for someone to own a car for some months (or even years) and never notice the parking sensors light bar at the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom