What is my handbrake for ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
10 pages??? Can the mods please move to the anorak section?

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose in that unlikely instance (the battery would have to be very very flat) you'd do the same as if you'd come to a car where the manual handbrake is stuck on due to not being used much and therefore a flat battery. :p :p :cool:
Hardly an unlikely instance - leave a newish car more than two or three weeks ( typically at the airport when you are away in a trip ) and the electronics have drained the battery - not at all an uncommon occurrence.

If the handbrake won’t release you can’t jump start the car : fail . A manual handbrake you release and push the car out .

BS.

All older cars that you're talking about are now tin cans.

Or they need £ thousands to keep them on the roads, yes the basic handbrake will work, but it'll probably pull straight through the floor pan and need 6 weeks of welding to put right.

Basic always works, thats why stupid people can use the Internet.....as you've gone to prove.

You miss the point entirely : when these cars were current , they were much more reliable than the vehicles being made nowadays - because the simpler engineering was more reliable .

There are plenty of older cars still running about - it will be a lot harder to keep today’s products on the road in 50 or 60 years .

So basically in your world
olde is good.
New is bad.

You must have a very sad and sheltered life, I imagine you to be a Roy Cropper type of person.

No .

Simple is good .

Unnecessarily complex is bad .

Sony proved it ( compare a KX27 PS1 with any contemporary monitor , eg Melford ) , Mercedes-Benz now follow in their footsteps.

Who is Roy Cropper ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom