what is SL-Class(>07/04; <04/08) in plain simple english?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

laurensparsons

Car
VW
what is SL-Class (>07/04; <04/08) in plain simple english? compatibility wize...

Between July 04 and April 08

Which in the case of SL means Model Year 2005 -> 2008 (inclusive).

MY2005->MY2008 has COMAND NTG1 audio system in it. This is OK, but doesn't have 7 digit postcode and is a bit clunky now. But it was designed around 2000 (came out in W211 first).

The MY2004 and before has COMAND 2.0 which is very outdated now
MY2009 onward has NTG2.5 which is excellent

Richard

It is Newspeak for what has been called an SL for nigh on sixty years .

Are you sure as that means that this is the wrong disc for my 2006 SL, the second wrong disc Mercedes have supplied me with, are you sure that the symbols don't mean the other way? see the disc box, see the box here, question is simple really, is this for a 2006 SL? thanks truly https://www.flickr.com/photos/56544421@N04/13960167619/

If it has Comand NTG1, same as W211 E Class as Richard says, then yes, it's the right disc. Note that it goes in the Nav drive, not the head unit (sorry if that's sucking eggs!)

Indeed, I v just looked into this further and it appears that due to software changes they no longer do updates for ntg1s

Indeed, I v just looked into this further and it appears that due to software changes they no longer do updates for ntg1s

The disks do not show compatibility for the SL or the S/CL. they do say under the union flag icon on the back that the disk is no longer supported on those cars.

This is very odd because the Navigation drive is the same as that fitted to the W211/W219 which is supported. We have sold a number of the V13, V14 and now V15 disks to customers with SL's. They work!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom