What is the Correct wheel size and Offset w211 55k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
As above,

What is the correct size and Offset of wheel fitted originally to a w211 e55k?

Mercedes-Benz E-Class 2008 E 55 AMG
– Generation: III (W211/S211) [2002 .. 2009]
– Market: EUDM
– Power: 469 hp | 350 kW | 476 PS
– Engine: V8, Petrol
– Center Bore: 66.6 mm
– Lug Size: M14 x 1.5
– Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts
– Trim Production: [2002 .. 2008]
Tire
Rim
PCD
245/40R18 -- 265/35R18 8Jx18 ET30 9Jx18 ET39 5x112

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/mercedes/e-class/2008/

Kenny

As above,

What is the correct size and Offset of wheel fitted originally to a w211 e55k?

Hi Gavin,

8Jx18 ET30 on the front and 9Jx18 ET39 on the rear.

Part numbers are 211 401 2602 and 211 401 2702

Hth,

Will

Really appreciate the replies Peeps, Many thanks

If buying secondhand, look out for cracks and buckling - can be repaired during refurbishment but worth budgeting for in any case.

Thanks Will, I haven't decided what im doing really yet, Still trying to recover from the whole thing really.

Just putting the feelers out, would like to steer clear of Welded wheels, And of course buying second hand you don't know if they are buckled or not...

Appreciate the heads up tho.

If the wheels are relatively local to you, take them to a tyre place and get them to spin them on the machine for you; a bit of a faff I know but it beats buying a set of buckled wheels.

try mercman wheels on Ebay, seems goo and IO have just bought a front set but yet to check them, been assured they will be changed of there is an issue

try mercman wheels on Ebay, seems goo and IO have just bought a front set but yet to check them, been assured they will be changed of there is an issue

Have you a link bud?

Have you a link bud?

Doesn't look like he has a full set of AMG IV 5 twin spoke alloys
I like the 19" split rim but can't justify paying £2k for a set:eek:

Click on the " Looking for alloy wheels" box.

Mercman - Mercedes-Benz Parts

Just as an FYI, R230 wheels do fit a W211 but you've got to use the W211 tyre sizes on the alloys (if that makes sense).

Thanks Will, I haven't decided what im doing really yet, Still trying to recover from the whole thing really.

Just putting the feelers out, would like to steer clear of Welded wheels, And of course buying second hand you don't know if they are buckled or not...

Appreciate the heads up tho.

To be fair Gavin most of the wheels will either have hairline cracks or have been repaired during full refurbishment at some point. I've had four sets of them and I think only one set had never been welded. I've also had other AMG alloys including a different set of AMG 18s on another car that were refurbished by Lepsons back in 2003/2004 and are still going strong on a forum members car today.

Properly repaired the wheels should be as good as new - would take properly refurbished/repaired wheels over aftermarket/replicas anyway to be honest :cool:

I think you should find a good used set for circa £500 if you look about or £800 with tyres/fully refurbished.

I recommend Continental Sport Contact 3 MO tyres - not sure on current pricing but under £500 a set for the last ones I bought :)

Worth waiting for the right wheels IMHO and decent tyres if you're keeping the car :thumb:

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom