What is the matter with people?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Outside my previous office there was a very wide pavement, about two cars' width, and a single yellow line on the road.

Our next door neighbour had a wide drive, so with his consent we used to park a car in his drive, parallel to the road, which left about one cars' witdh of space for pedestrians.

Usually there were no issues, but occasionally the parked car would get a PCN for 'obstructing public footpath'.

So I guess the offence isn't one of obstructing the drive, but the 'public footpath' - and keeping in mind that the offending vehicle wasn't actually parked on the pavement either.

Last edited:
I've reported cars parked on pavements - again blocking access to pedestrians "If not specifically prohibited, parking a vehicle on the pavement could lead to an offence of obstruction being committed. This could result in a fixed penalty notice being issued to offending vehicles. This is because parking on the pavement can obstruct pedestrians and wheelchair users forcing them to use the road to pass a parked vehicle."

I encounter this type of obstruction regularly every week when we take out twin grandsons out in the double buggy. The reason they park on the pavement is because the roads are narrow but some mange to leave enough pavement free for access and other don't think to do that. When we have to use the road to get around a parked vehicle then it can hold up traffic on the road which is tough. Most numerus offenders I see are white van man and Bob the builder, often sat in the cab with the diesel engine idling for 20 mins outside a primary school where all the little kids are walking past. What is it with diesels and idling while parked up; are they afraid it won't start again. I haven't bothered to report these obstructions given the likely lack of response. The school mums took things into there own hands by barricading the access road to the school but that lasted only one day because the police were interested in putting a stop to that.

I encounter this type of obstruction regularly every week when we take out twin grandsons out in the double buggy. The reason they park on the pavement is because the roads are narrow but some mange to leave enough pavement free for access and other don't think to do that. When we have to use the road to get around a parked vehicle then it can hold up traffic on the road which is tough. Most numerus offenders I see are white van man and Bob the builder, often sat in the cab with the diesel engine idling for 20 mins outside a primary school where all the little kids are walking past. What is it with diesels and idling while parked up; are they afraid it won't start again. I haven't bothered to report these obstructions given the likely lack of response. The school mums took things into there own hands by barricading the access road to the school but that lasted only one day because the police were interested in putting a stop to that.

Where i live the roads are generally wide enough -as are the pavements - trouble is they are lazy b****** who can't be bothered to park barely a 5 minute walk away.Double parked cars get pcns , but not idiots like these "parked" on a give way.And note silver car on pavement.The bin lorries have to negotiate these idiots in the mornings - but it seems they're not taking issue
xrXMvoU.jpg
on the road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom